GTR Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Be very careful with how they present their renewal proposal to you.

I was charged for extra stuff on top of my renewal premium that I did not want or was aware of (the renewal proposal only stated one single renewal price) and that they would not refund those charges after me having to cancel my policy due to them not wanting to cover my new car because it is "RWD" in early July.

Tried to resolve matter over email and phone and their response has been that the price of the additional cover could have been found in the Terms and Conditions (separate from the renewal document) and that they would charge me a fee that exceeded what I wanted refunded?!

Totally unacceptable.

AVOID.

·
Premium Member
2,737 Posts

I was charged for extra stuff on top of my renewal premium that I did not want or was aware of (the renewal proposal only stated one single renewal price) and that they would not refund those charges after me having to cancel my policy due to them not wanting to cover my new car because it is "RWD" in early July.

Tried to resolve matter over email and phone and their response has been that the price of the additional cover could have been found in the Terms and Conditions (separate from the renewal document) and that they would charge me a fee that exceeded what I wanted refunded?!

Totally unacceptable.

AVOID.
Yes, brokers haven't the time and particularly the inclination to read out small print over the phone that incurs further cost to the customer or covers their arse in the event of a claim.

·
Registered
318 Posts

Totally unacceptable.

AVOID.
Hi

You are refering to legal cover we dont sell a policy without legal cover. It was on your policy last year and again on your renewal notice. It is listed in the documentation you are sent detailing our renewal offer which you accepted.

The cancellation process has been done correctly this end. Your refund has been processed on a pro-ratta basis so you have only been charged for the time on cover less the charges listed in your documents that were provided to you last year and at renewal.

As a broker we normally charge a cancellation fee but have waived this in your instance.

On your particular policy you had legal cover/accident management but this is non refundable in the event of a cancellation. You can still use this for the remaining period of the legal cover/accident management and when you arrange your new policy you can remove this benefit from that saving you paying again.

You asked about us refunding the legal cover but this has been running since December (9 months) so we cannot refund this amount. If we contacted the necessary accounts department asking them to issue a refund for this cover they will decline. You cant use the cover for 9 months and expect a full refund! (They havent charged you the cancellation fee either so even taking into account the legal cover you are still £21 better off)

Out of the insurer refund we have only retained £13 which is our initial commission. The policy you signed up for gives us the right to charge up to £50 cancellation fee but we have not done this.

The cancellation has been processed in accordance with the policy wording so I dont see the issue.

Your renewal premium was £364.35 (including legal cover) and were on cover for 191 days the refund given to you for the remaining 174 days was £113 after the deduction of charges. (meaning you have paid £1.74 per day for the period of cover used).

Im not sure how much refund you were expecting or what you based your own calculations on???

If you based your calculations on the £50 cancellation listed in our paperwork you are actually getting more back as we have not charged this...So you are actually getting a better refund than normal because we waived our cancellation fee.

When you spoke to my colleague you threatened to go on forums and bad mouth us because of the cancellation process but we have done nothing wrong. Trying to use the forum as leverage to obtain a better refund on a policy that you have been covered under for almost 18 months in my opinion is out of order.

Kind Regards
neil
Greenlight

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.