GTR Forum banner

281 - 300 of 867 Posts

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Kev...

Let it be said as its not yet been aired.

No one here said you were NOT insane, nor crazy.
But I'd happily confirm if you are - we are with you all the way and fall foul of the same interests ;)

·
Registered
229 Posts
I am SO glad you posted this. Please don't think that anything which isn't 100% car-related isn't of interest to us - a lot of us have the attitude that we take most things which are broken apart and repair them. If it has sentimental value, ALL the more so.

What a smashing recovery, delighted to see you repair that properly and continue your love affair with it.

Keep going. SO pleased I came onto GTROC to see your build and follow what you're doing.

Keep going sir, I salute your dedication and attitude :clap:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Kev ! just so you know. Even my girlfriend is asking me." whats the update on kev's project". haha .keep up the good work my friend.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #288
Very impressed with the welder restoration
Does it work ? Update needed
I'll update next week, lost a couple of days at work through bad weather, so trying to catch up at the moment, the bits I ordered have arrived just need to get some time to fit them, as to wether it works or not, I've no idea, I suppose we'll find out next week :chuckle:.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I still visit the forum regularly but seldom feel motivated to post much these days (little to offer I guess). I have loved reading every page of this thread. Simply superb work on the car, garage, thread and even the welder! I wish I had your patience and skills Kev; I wouldn't have abandoned my old gunmetal R32 so easily back in 2008.

I look forward to getting the updates and would like to wish you the best of luck with the rest of your work. PS- Bilt-Hamber products are superb. I use them quite regularly.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #291
I still visit the forum regularly but seldom feel motivated to post much these days (little to offer I guess). I have loved reading every page of this thread. Simply superb work on the car, garage, thread and even the welder! I wish I had your patience and skills Kev; I wouldn't have abandoned my old gunmetal R32 so easily back in 2008.

I look forward to getting the updates and would like to wish you the best of luck with the rest of your work. PS- Bilt-Hamber products are superb. I use them quite regularly.
Thanks for taking the time to comment, especially as it's something you don't do that often, really glad you like what I'm doing, the work on the car as slowed a little till I sort out some of the other stuff, need to get the shelves up so I can move all the crap off the floor, obviously sort the welder out, or get a new one, I suppose if it doesn't work I could put a glass top on it and use it as a table, "electro mechanical chic" or some shit like that, garage wise, it's time to sort the lighting out I think, which as you can probably guess, won't just be a 500w halogen in the corner.

As always, getting time to spend in the garage is the hard part, work all week and family at the weekends, I know It's the same for everyone, and we all deal with it one way or another, for me it's either early mornings or late nights hence the need for the lighting, but hey, I'm sure It'll all work out in the end, won't it ???

Regards Kev.

PS, you could always get another 32 you know...

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Thanks for taking the time to comment, especially as it's something you don't do that often, really glad you like what I'm doing,......................................... it's time to sort the lighting out I think, which as you can probably guess, won't just be a 500w halogen in the corner..................
Regards Kev.

PS, you could always get another 32 you know...
No need to thank me; you were the guy with the inspiring ethic and write up!

If possible try and get a mix of lighting from striplights, LED and Halogen. It certainly helps me when trying to get the best out of paintwork :) As far as buying another R32, you're right I know. Never say never.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just read through the entire thread their, all I can say is WOW! Attention to detail is amazing!

Love the colour choices of your parts and what you have done for your poor welder lol.

Hope I have the same attention to detail for mine when I get started.

Good job keep up the good work.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #296
Just read through the entire thread their, all I can say is WOW! Attention to detail is amazing!

Love the colour choices of your parts and what you have done for your poor welder lol.

Hope I have the same attention to detail for mine when I get started.

Good job keep up the good work.
Thanks bud, as always I wish I had more time to spend on it, but alas, work comes first.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #297
Love the homage to the welder...
Not everyone's cup of tea, but it just felt right to do it, could do with half a day to finish it, but I'm that knacked when I get in all I want to do is sit down with a cuppa, then i usually fall asleep :chuckle:.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Wow! Just read this start to finish. Your attention detail is amazing! That powder coating has such a good finish, my local place does a terrible job compared to that :/

Bought my first skyline a couple of months ago, 32 GTR in gunmetal grey, this thread has deffinitely inspired me and given me a kick up the arse to work harder.

Will deffinitely be keeping an eye on this, keep it up :)

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #299
Wow! Just read this start to finish. Your attention detail is amazing! That powder coating has such a good finish, my local place does a terrible job compared to that :/

Bought my first skyline a couple of months ago, 32 GTR in gunmetal grey, this thread has deffinitely inspired me and given me a kick up the arse to work harder.

Will deffinitely be keeping an eye on this, keep it up :)
Hi Liam,

Thanks for taking the time to comment, much appreciated,

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #300
Hi Guys,

Sold some stuff on eBay to free up some cash, then bought a few bits that I've been after, they've been arriving in a bit at a time for the last couple of weeks.

But first, ended up not working Wednesday through no fault of my own, so bit of a bonus as I got to spend some time in the garage, I was going to finish the welder, but it just got to the point where there was shit all over the place, benches full of stuff, parts scattered everywhere, materials for work stacked up ready to go, so I thought, time for a tidy up, which is time consuming in it's self, then once I started tidying up, I thought the floor still needs painting, the compressor could do with being near consumer unit to prevent long cable runs, which meant a bench needed to be moved and so on, and so on, and so on, I think you get the idea, so while I was moving one bench I decided to move the other and all the stuff from under them so I could finish painting the floor,

Can't believe how tidy this looks on the photos, when your in there it looks like a bomb's gone off and no room to move,

And a nice little panorama shot google put together for me,

Then an hour later, it was done, looks a different colour but it's the same paint from the same tin, just needs to dry properly... I hope,

A couple of the parcels that arrived,

They turned into this, "I've got an engine lift"

And I finally got one of these,

Which requires one of these, as it needs to be connected to a 30amp supply,

Got a set of castors for the rotisserie so I can move it around when I need to,

New air lines to go with the compressor, blue of course to match everything else,

Some of the nismo bushes that are going to be fitted, these are for the front top links,

And the last of the bits for this time, new inner and outer ball joints and drop links,

And yes I've not forgotten, there is an r32 in there somewhere, but I'm beginning to forget what it looks like. Once I get the garage tidy, the welder will be the main priority, get that finished or get a new one, then back to the car, promise....

Regards Kev.

281 - 300 of 867 Posts