GTR Forum banner

301 - 320 of 867 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
It took me some time to read this thread and I must say that I'm very impressed with your work and effort. Keep it up! Really looking forward to see your R32 finished :)

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #304
Getting there squire. Only comes with time and effort (both in bucket loads ;)).
Yes your right, big buckets as well, how's progress on your other project, have you got any further with the jumped up jobs worth brigade yet.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #306
It took me some time to read this thread and I must say that I'm very impressed with your work and effort. Keep it up! Really looking forward to see your R32 finished :)
R32 ? What r32......

Ho yea, I have got one somewhere, I'll have to dig it out and do a bit more on it one day,
if I leave it much longer it'll be classed as a barn find.

·
Registered
68 Posts
R32 ? What r32......

Ho yea, I have got one somewhere, I'll have to dig it out and do a bit more on it one day,
if I leave it much longer it'll be classed as a barn find.
Hahaha :chuckle:
Hurry up, we have to see it finished. Keep us updated :)

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Yes your right, big buckets as well, how's progress on your other project, have you got any further with the jumped up jobs worth brigade yet.

Hey
Yeh it's stalled - the last month has seen extra work so anything up to 81hours a week so far. Bank balance looks better for it - but everything else is suffering. So getting back to do another set of drawings has dropped down the list.
That and I promised my wife I'd finish the kitchen before Christmas lol.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #310
Hey
Yeh it's stalled - the last month has seen extra work so anything up to 81hours a week so far. Bank balance looks better for it - but everything else is suffering. So getting back to do another set of drawings has dropped down the list.
That and I promised my wife I'd finish the kitchen before Christmas lol.
I feel like I know you, yet I have no idea what you do for a living, I thought you just sold your business and was providing cover, but the hours you put in suggests your working for your self, drop me a PM I'd love to know what you do.

And if I wasn't so busy myself I would come and help with the kitchen, that's something I love doing, for me a good kitchen is what turns a house into a home.

Kev.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #311
Top work, really wish i had the space to strip mine down. If you fancy doing mine when you're done let me know!
Thanks for looking, striping it down's the easy bit, putting it back together takes a little longer though, I've had a day in the garage today(got rained off at work) so an update is due, spent all day tidying up plus a few other bits, but if you've still got yours when I finish mine, say 2020, Let me know and I'll have a go at it for you :chuckle:

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #313
Hi all,

Just a little update, had the day off today while my plasterers doing his thing, could have worked, but thought f**k it why not, it's Friday,

Decided to do the final push on the welder and find out whether it works or not, so went and got a few bits I wanted for the gas line I'm running, bought some gas pipe, wanted 10m but they only had 5m so got that as a put me on, a couple of snap connectors, managed to sort the gas out last week so I had that ready, and I ordered some new buttons about a month ago for the selectors on the front panel that finally turned up, not exactly what I wanted size wise, but close,

Fitted a roll of wire the other day,

Gas line quick release fitted, wanted a panel mount connector (male) but couldn't find one so this will do to see if it works, the idea of the quick release is to leave the bottle against the wall and run a gas line to the welder so I've not got the weight of the bottle to pull about,

All the wiring finished and tidied,

New buttons fitted,

Also fitted the new wheels, fixed on the rear,

And swivel on the front,

Sorry guys, I've lost about 5 or 6 photos somewhere, I'll try and find them and put them up next time, anyway, plugged it in and reconnected the torch, then turned the gas on, and gave it a go,

Turned all the settings down to minimum and " IT WORKS ", I did 3 or 4 weld runs while messing with the settings, those are the photos that are missing and I know that without photos it didn't happen, but please don't shoot me down just yet, give me chance to sort some more pics out over the next week or so and you shall have your proof, the only problem with it was the lack of range on the wire feed speed, it's as if a 24v motor as been fitted to a 12v supply, so need to sort that out, but the main thing is it does work and I'm well happy.

So decided to knock the side panels back in to shape and get them ready for blasting and coating, couldn't see the point in doing them until I knew the welder worked

I know they look rough at the moment but all I wanted to do was straighten the lips and louvers up, pointless scraping the paint off when they are going to be blasted,

The bottom could do with trimming off this panel and a new strip welding on,

I was going to have some new ones made, but in the interests of originality thought I'd keep these, they tell part of the welders story, of which the next chapter is about to start.

Regards Kev.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #316
Dan ep3 turbo,

Thanks for looking bud, sorry I didn't reply sooner, I think the details important and I just hope it all works out in the end, but if it doesn't it won't be for the lack of trying.

frendod,

Sorry, not a lot of progress at the moment, the past few weeks have been consumed by work and a constantly growing hatred towards eBay, I sold some things through them recently including my eight pot brembos, for which the buyer paid eBay, who held on to the money for a couple of weeks for some reason, then because I missed a dot out of my email address thus not matching my PayPal account, they thought the best plan of attack was not to contact me about this, but to give the money back to the buyer and do you know how they sorted all this out, they told me it was my fault for not checking the payment details and gave me his phone number, the guy is on the other side of the world somewhere, 10 hours ahead of me time wise and speaks a different language, what the hell am I supposed to do with his phone number.

Anyway, after numerous messages through ebay to the guy in question and failed phone calls, the guy has become a deaf mute that's forgotten how to type, while ebay couldn't give a f**k about me or my problem, thus I am down hundreds of pounds with no possible way of getting it back.

Sorry for ranting, as you can see it as annoyed me slightly, "F**KING EBAY",
I will update, but if I'm honest it will probably be after Christmas now, as I'm working up till Christmas eve and shopping with the wife at the weekends.

Regards Kev.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Seriously? I'm very sorry to hear that :/
So you sent the items and didn't receive the money as paypal sent them back to the buyer? If I were you, I wouldn't send any items before I have received my money through paypal. That s#ck$ mate :/

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #318
The buyer paid the money to ebay, so the item showed as paid and my account was in credit, it's just that ebay didn't try release the payment to pay pal until weeks later, this is when the problem showed up, I would never send an item that hadn't been paid for.

It's not really about the money as such, I made a mistake by trusting a company to do the right thing and I am prepared to pay for my mistakes, it's an expensive lesson to learn, but one learnt non the less, it's the principle of the thing that gets me, the buyer, ebay or paypal, anyone of these could have sorted this out, but for them there is no more financial gain to be had so why would they.

Honour, respect and decency, or just the need to do the right thing, these are all things of the passed for a lot of people, luckily I'm the only one that this affected, so it's time to move on, no more about this now, rant over.

Kev.

·
Registered
9,675 Posts
Sorry to hear of your misfortune Kev, hope you press on and try and get what is rightfully yours. This is the kind of BS that comes with ebay. I sold an item as used and the guy then says he's not happy with it. I marked it as non refundable received as it was and he started to nit pick and requested a refund and paypal have held my money even though I withdrew the money having shipped off the item.

Now it's a ball ache luckily the item was not too expensive but it's a total **** up the buyer should know what he is buying if he wanted a new item he should have paid 4 times the amount and bought new.

Still ongoing see what happens! A lesson for me I won't be selling anything there!!

301 - 320 of 867 Posts