GTR Forum banner

481 - 500 of 890 Posts

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
I may have missed it earlier but what setup do you have for the blasting? Which gun, cabinet and media?

It looks like it does a really good job of cleaning up parts

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #482
Hi Jags,

You've not missed much, the gun is just a £20 item from Machine Mart, the media I got from the guys that blasted my trailer chassis, a couple of buckets, one course, one fine, and I don't have a cabinet yet, though it is on my list.

Page 26, post 388 gives a better idea of what I originally got it for, no cabinet needed at the time, does make a hell of a mess with out one though.

·
Registered
122 Posts
This is AMAZING! :bowdown1:

I fully appreciate the attention to detail and time going into this, will be awesome when its finished!

I'm currently waiting for my 32 gtr to arrive, so that will be another 32 gtr in the area as I'm based in north yorkshire :)

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #484
Cheers Josh, and thanks for looking, it's nice to here another one's coming to Yorkshire, I get from your posts that it's three weeks today till yours lands, where the hell has this year gone, December in three weeks, the car looks great by the way, talk about Christmas come early.

Regards Kev.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I am always very excited to read updates from this thread and today is no exception. Brilliant work, fascinating to learn new techniques and see how you're doing things.

It's actually motivating me to get my own GT-R project up and going.

·
Registered
135 Posts
What a fantastic thread kev ? love reading nut and bolt restorations like this the dedication required is unbelievable.

I can sort of related to the underside restoration as I sandblasted the bottom of an evo and coated with por15....so I can imagine how much effort is required with wire brushes.

Ive always said if I was to do it again id use the epoxy mastic, so I can't wait to see what you think about it and how it performs :)

Top effort bud keep up the great work :)

Aaron

(ps I need a garage like yours ;))

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #488
Just wanted to say thanks for the comments guys, they still me as much to me as the first one I got, sound a bit shit, but it's true. sorry there hasn't been more updates, It's been a bit of a... lets say "challenging" year this year, a lot of changes, both personal and business, so good, most not so.

I'm one of those people like many others out there, that tries to puts 110% in to everything I do, which as it turns out is not always a good thing health wise. hence I'm knackered most of the time, that and the fact that this year has passed faster than any I can remember, getting time to take a break being nigh on impossible, and a work/life balance non existent.

I think it's fare to say that life has given me a good old kick in the bollocks this year, and if I make it to the Christmas break, I intend kicking it right back next year, work life balance WILL be restored, moan over.

Great to see things still progressing Kev - and your level of attention to detail is still remaining incredibly high!!
Thanks Steve,

hopefully things will progress a little faster next year :chuckle:

I am always very excited to read updates from this thread and today is no exception. Brilliant work, fascinating to learn new techniques and see how you're doing things.

It's actually motivating me to get my own GT-R project up and going.
Hi CJ,

It's been a while bud, nice to know your still following this, and your own project is long over due, say high to your mum for me, :)

What a fantastic thread kev ? love reading nut and bolt restorations like this the dedication required is unbelievable.

I can sort of related to the underside restoration as I sandblasted the bottom of an evo and coated with por15....so I can imagine how much effort is required with wire brushes.

Ive always said if I was to do it again id use the epoxy mastic, so I can't wait to see what you think about it and how it performs :)

Top effort bud keep up the great work :)

Aaron

(ps I need a garage like yours ;))
Hi Aaron,

Thanks for the kind words, as soon as I can get a couple of days free the mastic will be going on, I just don't want to be doing it in bits, I'd rather have one good hit at it and get it done, though I'm not relishing the thought of flatting all that primer down first,

Glad you like the garage, still need to sort some lights out though.

Sure I said that last year.

Regards Kev.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Hey Kev,

Nice work man, I'm about the same stage as you chassis wise with my project :)

Just saw on the previous page your front lower ball joints look quite knackered...

...I have a pair of new ones from my project which I no longer need as I went for Moonface RCA joints instead (after I bought the standard ones new :runaway:)...

...so in case you need those new and don't have them yet just drop me a pm.

Keep up the good work mate :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Leo

·
Registered
64 Posts
What an amazing thread!! :bowdown1::bowdown1:
Keep up the good work and I certainly hope next year will turn out to be a huge comeback!! :wavey::thumbsup::thumbsup::clap:

/Kris

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #497
Hi Guys,

Sorry to bump my post without an update, but could any of the IT guys out there tell me what I may have done to cause the last forty or fifty images in this thread to disappear, if it's down to me that is, I only noticed a few days ago that they had gone, nearly all were visible when posted, as I received comments and likes about them, I'm an idiot when it comes to this stuff, but I didn't realise images could be removed after posting by anyone other than admin, any help or guidance would be appreciated.

Regards Kev.

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Oh. Not familiar with Google photos. Check them in any event to see if there have been any changes on the Google end..?

481 - 500 of 890 Posts