GTR Forum banner

561 - 580 of 867 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
completely lost for words, i would be hesitant about putting this on the road, the details and work gone in to this, its more artwork than utilitarian.

I mean Kev, would your OCD survive stone chips on those lines at this point? :chuckle:

seriously though, :bowdown1:

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
completely lost for words, i would be hesitant about putting this on the road, the details and work gone in to this, its more artwork than utilitarian.

I mean Kev, would your OCD survive stone chips on those lines at this point? :chuckle:

True fact :)

Nice work Kev - the detail on the masking looks better than my attempt to paint round some windows at home :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #563

I do get moments when I think this will be better off being kept in the garage, but right from the start it's been my intention to drive the wheels off it once done, so stone chips or not, it will get used, mobile art.

True fact :)

Nice work Kev - the detail on the masking looks better than my attempt to paint round some windows at home :p
Hi mate,

The masking up did take quite a long time to do, and is a nightmare to remove cleanly once covered in seam sealer, though I think it is worth the effort.

How's the garage going, have you started it yet, or at leased got it passed, I'm still doing that one for the guy I'm working for, it's grown quite a bit, and the annoying bit is, he has no interest in cars at all, all he wants it for is to fill it with shit,

It looks like it does because it's wider at one end than the other,

A real crime in my eyes, but what can you do.

Kev.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I do get moments when I think this will be better off being kept in the garage, but right from the start it's been my intention to drive the wheels off it once done, so stone chips or not, it will get used, mobile art.

Hi mate,

The masking up did take quite a long time to do, and is a nightmare to remove cleanly once covered in seam sealer, though I think it is worth the effort.

How's the garage going, have you started it yet, or at leased got it passed, I'm still doing that one for the guy I'm working for, it's grown quite a bit, and the annoying bit is, he has no interest in cars at all, all he wants it for is to fill it with shit,

It looks like it does because it's wider at one end than the other,

A real crime in my eyes, but what can you do.

Kev.

That is a mother of garages! My dream garage!

·
Registered
34 Posts
This truly is The Best thread that I've ever seen regarding car rebuild process (and the garage/tools building as well :p )

Respect ! ! !

Can't wait to see the final result of the car.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #569
This truly is The Best thread that I've ever seen regarding car rebuild process (and the garage/tools building as well :p )

Respect ! ! !

Can't wait to see the final result of the car.
Thank you so much for the kind words,

I know I've been doing this for a while now, but I'm still stunned that people on the other side of the world find what I'm doing in my shed interesting, you've got to love the internet when it's used properly, as for the final result, that may be a while, but I am trying,

All the best bud.

Excellent work as always Kev A Lar.

Enjoying the fact that you will drive the wheels off it once done, these cars are to be used and to leave them gathering dust is a crime for sure.

PS - Cannot see the pics of that garage? Interested as mine is up for replacement in the next few years hopefully.
Thanks Rich,

Was having a chat with someone before Christmas, and was asked what I was going to do once the car was finished, as a joke I said, I'm going on a road trip to meet everyone that had ever commented on the build thread, I know it was a joke, but what a trip that would be.

I'll take some better pics of the garage tomorrow and PM them to you, rather than putting more on here.

Kev you're crazy mate :bowdown1:

With all the work we're spending on our cars we really might be better off putting them into a museum once they are finished :runaway:

Keep them pics coming mate :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Leo
I'm crazy? have you looked at your thread lately, :chuckle:

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Hey Kev
Yes the garage....
More design changes, but now working with an open plan roof - meaning I can cheat head height. This however has become costly, so the fight between needs, WANs and how much cash I can save aren't all agreeing :)

That "erection" you've been working on looks great. Garage looks ok too :p

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #572 (Edited)
Had the day off today with the intention of getting something done on the car, but woke up with a mega headache this morning so been fighting that all day.

Managed to get the engine bay ready for a coat of paint, just got a bit on the front panel to do, going to give it a coat of the Mastic 121 then do all the seam sealing on the front end at the same time, the engine bay will be body colour when the time comes, Mastic is just for that bit more protection,

These were a right pain to clean,

Do the painting when I feel a bit more with it,

Hope you all have a good weekend,

Kev.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #574
I would assume so, there's a consistancy to them and I can't think of any otherway they could have got there, I think it's just down to how they were pressed out of the sheet steel at the factory, and yeh, I'm staying with the original colour

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #576 (Edited)
Evening all,

Got a few days off so might have a chance to get something done, started this morning by flatting down the front panel, four hours later I managed to get some paint on, this is a coat of mastic 121, I'm going to flat back the one or two spots where it went on a bit thick, then once the seam sealer has been applied it can be primed and painted in body colour when the time comes, I was quite pleased with how it looked and just wanted to share.

That's it for now, more to come over the next few days, I hope...

Have a good Easter everyone,

Regards Kev.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Looks perfect from here, Pity your far from me otherwise I'd be knocking on your door for a proper viewing..
Happy Easter.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Phenomenal work, looks so clean in the pics!

This sort of job is one of those where sometimes it's better if you don't do it yourself, then you won't have had your eyes in it so long you notice every tiny imperfection. On the other hand, doing it yourself is far more rewarding if you take the time to perfect it like this!

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #579
Looks perfect from here, Pity your far from me otherwise I'd be knocking on your door for a proper viewing..
Happy Easter.
You'd be more than welcome brett, if I ever get round to finishing it I'll come down and let you have a look.

Phenomenal work, looks so clean in the pics!

This sort of job is one of those where sometimes it's better if you don't do it yourself, then you won't have had your eyes in it so long you notice every tiny imperfection. On the other hand, doing it yourself is far more rewarding if you take the time to perfect it like this!
Do you know something, your so right, I should have let someone else do it, because there is a large amount of stuff I don't post as it would let people know just how much of a problem I really have :chuckle:, If I had a penny for every time someone has said who gives a f**k about that bit or this bit.

I must admit I never intended to go this far, but once you start you just can't cover shit up, it has to be sorted, plus I enjoy it to be honest, it's the one place I get time to myself, and now it's starting to come together it's quite rewarding.

561 - 580 of 867 Posts