GTR Forum banner

921 - 940 of 963 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Fantastic as usual Kev.
It’s funny I’ve got round to fitting my Nismo stune suspension to my 33 ive had them two years in unopened box ,with this virus I’ve taken my time with fitting them it took me two weeks 😂
But my god what a difference.
Keep up the good work mate 👍

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #922 ·
Fantastic as usual Kev.
It’s funny I’ve got round to fitting my Nismo stune suspension to my 33 ive had them two years in unopened box ,with this virus I’ve taken my time with fitting them it took me two weeks 😂
But my god what a difference.
Keep up the good work mate 👍
Glad you've had a chance to fit it, can't believe you've had it all this time and it was still in it's box's, did you forget about it or something :), I was going to get a set of the Meister GT1's, but after contacting them by email for advice, the guy that replied to me came across as a bit of a prick, so they can stick em now, I'll invest in a set on nitrons further down the line I think., unless I find something else to spend my money on between now and then.

Thanks for the kind word mate.

·
Registered
119 Posts
ha no I hadn't forgot they were at the back of my settee in house,but since the virus come along ive been off work so got round to doing it plus the tie rod bushes and new antiroll bar drop links aswell as repainting the bracket that the drop links are mounted to.they wernt rusty or anything just a few chip marks from stones and things its only done 48 thousand miles its almost showroom kev .the only reason I fittes the stunes is because the gaiters were starting to crack with age so good time to upgrade mate now just working out whether to fit the nismo anti roll bars

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #925 ·
Thanks bud, the hardest part was getting the old sealant off, but it all came good in the end, my IG is bnr32_restoration.

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
HI Kev. Just revisiting this thread after quite a long time away from the forum. I can see that you started this thread in 2014. Sorry if you have already said this but when did you originally buy the car (it says a few years before)? Since you started this thread, I had already sold B12 GTR in 2010, then went on to buy a non runner R32GTR for 3.5k, make it into a track car and then sell for just over 6k and see it eventually sell for nearly 20k after a restore by GTR shop. I then owned Steves 2.8 Tomei R33 beut for a couple of years before selling it back to Steve!
What I am interested to know is how much your car originally cost and how much you estimate it will be worth when done as even after you have probably spent quite a bit of cash and a lot of time on this project, you will be massively up on value (unlike myself!).
Hats off to you for the most intensive home car rebuild ever which is an inspiration to us all 😎

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #929 · (Edited)
What I am interested to know is how much your car originally cost and how much you estimate it will be worth when done as even after you have probably spent quite a bit of cash and a lot of time on this project, you will be massively up on value (unlike myself!).
Hats off to you for the most intensive home car rebuild ever which is an inspiration to us all 😎
Hi Dave,

Sorry for the late reply and thanks for taking the time to revisit my thread, 47 pages, it's not the lightest of reads, but as to the bits your interested in.

I bought the car back in September 2009 for the princely sum of £???? once a few other things had been taken in to account, I actually bought it for the running gear, I was going to break the rest, but luckily I fell for it and changed my mind, something that has probably save me years of regret.

As to it's value once completed, I wouldn't have a clue, but it would be interesting to find out, if anyone would like to hazard a sensible guess, please feel free, just for a bit of fun of course.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
Hey Kev, I came back after a few years away from the Skyline scene and the forum and I came straight to see the progress on your build. Following on IG. Love every single attention to detail and what a cracker this will be once complete!!

This level of quality is beyond what's in the Nissan Heritage Museum! Love it :)

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #934 ·
Thanks for the kind words, and for the follow on insta, I really need to update this on here but some of the things I've been doing recently aren't really relevant, things like finishing my engine stand (wanted one a bit more chunky than the standard one's), bits for Project B, lighting in the garage, along with trying to justify a garage refit / tidy up and obviously work.

I have been working on the rear brake install, which as been a pain in the arse to be honest, but that's what you get when you try to do something different I suppose, still need to decide if it's staying or not, may just revert back to standard and use the Brembo's on the other one, plus I'm just forgetting to take pictures these days, I think I just need to sort my shit out and get back on it really.

As it used to say on my report card "must try harder".

Regards Kev.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
Well that's always the case! one thing leads to another and then another! Keep going step by step and soon you'll be in the hot seat!

Did you machine the brake calliper adapter brackets yourself or had them made? If so where did you go and what material are they?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Spent most of the day catching up with the thread, still my favourite thread on here. Your attention to detail has only gone up in the years since I last posted. Well done mate, the car is evolving into something truly special! I'll add you on insta when I wander past my phone later.
What kind of changes has your garage went through, I see a pillar drill in the background of some of the pics?

Best wishes,
Iain

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #937 ·
Did you machine the brake calliper adapter brackets yourself or had them made? If so where did you go and what material are they?
I had them made by a guy that sells through Ebay, if your a little sceptical like me after being stung more than once by ebay sellers, you'll find it hard to trust him, he as zero trackability, no address, contact number, he's not on the industrial estate where he says he is and no one on the estate as ever heard of him, (I went to look), won't let you either visit his workshop or collect your brackets, will only send them 2nd class post, despite repeatedly being asked to send them recorded delivery at my expense and one word answers to complex questions that made me want to smash his face in.

The only reason I decided to buy from him was because I was pissed one night, reading his feed back, and thought f**k it. As it turned out they were ok, the guy is obviously good at machining, just doesn't like dealing with his customers, or maybe it's me he didn't like.

Two brackets to your specs £250.00

CNC machined from 7075 alloy

Should normally take two weeks, mine took eight weeks, the last two of those were because to lockdown though.

JC Import Company | eBay Stores

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #938 ·
Spent most of the day catching up with the thread, still my favourite thread on here. Your attention to detail has only gone up in the years since I last posted. Well done mate, the car is evolving into something truly special! I'll add you on insta when I wander past my phone later.
What kind of changes has your garage went through, I see a pillar drill in the background of some of the pics?

Best wishes,
Iain
Hi Iain,

Haven't done anything to the garage yet, other than the lighting which I'll post a pic of later, just want to give it a revamp, and tidy up, fit some cupboards to hide all the shit in, maybe re do the floor, sort the doors out that kind of thing, the cupboards will just be the kitchen type, no reason to fit big over prices metal cabinets, they're only for storage, just want to make it look nice, I have a plan, but as usual it comes with a price, that I need to justify, as it's all something I want rather than something I need, I'll will post pics if I go ahead with it, it may be interesting to someone.

Regards Kev.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #940 ·
Hi all,

It's been a while, don't know if anyone is still interested, but I thought I'd do a little update just in case.

I finally got round to fitting some lights, went for the 600 x 600 LED panels, 6500 kelvin (daylight), they were a bit of a pain to wire, but that's only because I didn't want the wires visible once fitted, I decided to fit 12 lights in total which give a good even distribution of light.

I do want to make some changes to my benches and storage, so additional lights will be fitted above those as well once sorted, though they will also be LED's they will be the strip type, rather than panels.

Also had a go at making an engine stand,

Had a bit of round bar machined to the appropriate size,

Used a friends CNC plasma cutter to cut some 12mm plate to the desired shapes, then cleaned them up ready for welding, along with some spacers,

Works ok so far.

Hope you and your families are all well.

Regards Kev.

921 - 940 of 963 Posts