GTR Forum banner

941 - 960 of 963 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #944 ·
More bits that needed a bit of a clean up, so stripped them down, blasted, primed and gave them a coat of paint,

Next step was to put them back together.

·
Premium Member
793 Posts
This is a great thread kevr32, really enjoyed it. I sat down with a cuppa and a have just worked my way through another 2 brews and a triple pack of Jaffa cakes! Read all 48 pages from the start. Car is looking great, you've done some cracking work (y)

·
Registered
573 Posts
Looking amazing Kev, Ive been keeping upto date on Instagram, Cant wait to see this car in the flesh one day. keep the pictures coming. Cheers Brett

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #950 ·
This is a great thread kevr32, really enjoyed it. I sat down with a cuppa and a have just worked my way through another 2 brews and a triple pack of Jaffa cakes! Read all 48 pages from the start. Car is looking great, you've done some cracking work (y)
Thanks for taking the time to have a proper look, it's been a while since I posted on here so feel a little detached from it all, that said it's nice to know people are still finding and reading this lot, I'll try and bring things up to date over the next few days, thanks for the positive comment and giving me a craving for Jaffa Cakes.

Looking good Kev, is it nearing completion now?
Hi mate,

I'm getting there, but to be honest, there's just various shit going on in my life at the moment that I need to focus on, nothing bad I hasten to add, I am trying though.

Looking amazing Kev, Ive been keeping upto date on Instagram, Cant wait to see this car in the flesh one day. keep the pictures coming. Cheers Brett
Brett, Brett, Brett,

I promise you mate, once this is done I will come for a cuppa AND bring biscuits.

Reactions: SKNAM

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi Kev,

What media and blaster did you use so as to not damage the fins?

Im a bit worried about damaging mine.

Keep the updates coming. Love the thread!

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #952 ·
Hi Kev,

What media and blaster did you use so as to not damage the fins?

Im a bit worried about damaging mine.

Keep the updates coming. Love the thread!
Hi Rob,

The cabinet I use is just one of the standard ones that are all over the internet, I think around 250 Lts, the media is crushed glass, again available pretty much anywhere, usually in 20 KG bags, then I regulated the pressure to around 60 to 70 psi, no problems what so ever. I did drill the rivets out of the end caps to aid with the blasting process, then I think I replaced them with M4 bolts with nylock nuts and washers.

Any further questions, don't hesitate to ask and believe me, if I've done it, anyone can.

Kev.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #954 ·
More parts that needed a refresh, I took these to be blasted and powder coated but I wasn't really happy with the quality of the finish, so a little fettling was needed. Again a lack of proper prep, people really don't either have an eye for detail, take pride in there work, or just give a shit these days, not the ones near me anyway.

It seems I don't have a picture of this refitted, but I'm sure you get the idea.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #955 ·
Had some more zinc plating done, there are a mix of parts here from this car and Project B, as there is a minimum charge for the plating, so better to take a lot rather than a little.

Reactions: Simonh

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi Kev, looking great as always!

I see you've had your door strikers zinced. Just a heads up that without the plastic around the striker bar the doors will have a bit of a slack closed position. My drivers door has lost the wee plastic shroud and sits slightly ajar because of it.

Cheers,
Iain

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #959 ·

·
Registered
18 Posts
How do you refresh the white plastic? And the rubbers, those i guess you Could buy new, or do you refurb those too somehow? :eek: Plastic connectors and white / semi transparent plastics seem impossible to restore for normal humans? What is your secret :D

941 - 960 of 963 Posts