GTR Forum banner
981 - 1000 of 1000 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #982 · (Edited)
Looks absolutely amazing!

Are you keeping the engine stock or do you have any plans for it?
I'm doing both engines at the same time, this one will be stock, I think. The other may be a little special if funds allow, we'll have to see how things progress, I would like my other project to be a gift for my grandson, he's only three at the moment which should give me enough time to make it in to something interesting.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #983 ·
Here's a little snippet of some of the pipes, brackets, nuts and bolts I spent an age preparing to be zinc plated. when your having anything zinc plated, the expense is in the prep as it take forever to do it right, so the more you can do yourself, the better.

Wood Art Font Bicycle part Pattern

Wood Gas Mass production Metal Cigarette

Wood Fastener Art Auto part Nut

Red Gas Metal Automotive tire Stimulant

Wood Composite material Auto part Metal Tool

Automotive tire Art Gas Auto part Nut

Household hardware Fastener Metal Auto part Fashion accessory

Keeping in mind that this is just a small fraction of the components that have been done, every single item has be individually sand blasted and then polished prior to going for coating, if a jobs worth doing and all that.

·
Registered
1994 R32 GTR
38 Posts
Have just read all 50 pages, starting yesterday at around 9pm, stopped at 2am for a break and picked it up again this morning - a bit mad I know!!!

The attention to detail that has gone into this build is nothing short of epic, dare I say this car could easily be the cover car for the Nismo restoration program! You will have a very precious piece of machinery when finished.

I should think someone here is waiting to offer you silly money for it once its finished!

I dont have any social media currently (on a detox) so I'm looking forward to seeing more of your journey here, it has inspired me to restore the underneath of mine when it's back from being welded up, I don't have the space or skills to do most myself but will definitely give a go at coating and seam sealing it.

All the best

Scott

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #986 ·
Hi Scott,

Thank you for taking the time to go through the whole thing, it's nice to know people are still reading this and finding it interesting, I'm trying to get back in to it and have more to post, but trying to stay motivated is hard.

A while back the way the views are counted and displayed on here was changed from individual increments, which allowed you to see if your thread was being looked at, to blocks of a thousand, which removes that knowledge, for me, not knowing if people were still interested removed my desire to post, so again, thank you for showing an interest, let alone commenting.

Regards Kev.

·
Registered
1994 R32 GTR
38 Posts
Hi Kev,

That's no problem, seeing builds like this really motivates me, all your own hard work being put in and not an entire bank being thrown at the car to make it right, makes it achievable for anyone with one of these.

I hope mine will someday be as clean.

Please do.keep posting even if its just for yourself to track your accomplishment.

Regards
Scott

·
Registered
516 Posts
I still check every update.

As someone who is currently stockpiling parts to do the same thing, its inspiring and motivating to see yours moving along :)

·
Premium Member
1,375 Posts
Hi Kev, sorry I've not replied for a while, like others I'm still reading & following your updates on here 😊 I haven't used the forum for a while and don't use Instagram or anything like that; even FB is pissing me off! Every 4th post is an advert or "sponsored post", grrr... Anyway, awesome work as always! With your attention to detail I'm surprised Omori haven't knocked to offer you a job! 😂 Certainly looking forward to more engine build updates too.

I'm picking up my GTR next week after having some sill work done and the jacking point damage removed / repaired. I dread to think what the bill is going to be, but it had to be done. It'll be 10 years of ownership next month! 😮 I've got a new BBK (front and rear) from Yellow Speed Racing - courtesy of SR Autosource - to go on too, a job for over the winter months I think.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #999 ·
Hi Kev, sorry I've not replied for a while, like others I'm still reading & following your updates on here 😊 I haven't used the forum for a while and don't use Instagram or anything like that; even FB is pissing me off! Every 4th post is an advert or "sponsored post", grrr... Anyway, awesome work as always! With your attention to detail I'm surprised Omori haven't knocked to offer you a job! 😂 Certainly looking forward to more engine build updates too.

I'm picking up my GTR next week after having some sill work done and the jacking point damage removed / repaired. I dread to think what the bill is going to be, but it had to be done. It'll be 10 years of ownership next month! 😮 I've got a new BBK (front and rear) from Yellow Speed Racing - courtesy of SR Autosource - to go on too, a job for over the winter months I think.

Thanks for checking in and it's nice to here your still doing yours, like most of us have said before, life just gets in the way sometimes and what was really important once, isn't so much any more, as in updating threads and putting the time in to our projects, I will try to keep updating things, but at the moment the enthusiasm is lacking due to things I have no control over and not something I wish to get in to on here.

Look forward to seeing how yours is going and hope the bill doesn't sting to much.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,000 ·
Got myself some new bearings and rings, I here they help in making the engine run properly,

Brown Rectangle Table Publication Wood

Plenty of assembly lube, sticky shit though,

Wood Hood Line Font Automotive wheel system

Automotive lighting Auto part Sleeve Metal Kitchen utensil

Crank back in after a check over, clean and polish

Automotive tire Automotive wheel system Engineering Gas Machine

Cradle back on and torqued down,

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Gas Engineering

New crank collar fitted.

Automotive tire Tire Bicycle part Rim Bumper

981 - 1000 of 1000 Posts