GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
gauging interest in a group buy for the new HYDRA ECU @ TRACKTIVE SOLUTIONS. soon to be getting one on my r33gtr.

the reason being is RICHARD BULMER whos company it is has mapped two of my scoobys before and there were excellent they always produced good figures and never missed a beat, also the all had excellent torque. richard has been mapping for 25years now and certainly knows his stuff . the new hdyra ecu has lots of features, the one for me was the nos maps!

(dont know if i can put a link to website cos i dont want to upset the trader rule)

anyway if anyone is interested let me know and i can get some prices depending on how many people etc.

cheers ant

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i just thought with 30 or so people viewing there would be a bit more interest, maybe i am being a bit impatient.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
...Or perhaps people are nervous about an ECU that has thus far received very little (if any) publicity in the Skyline scene? After issues with another Skyline ECU fairly recently you may find people now a little less keen to jump onto an unknown band wagon based on hype alone, all said though I have heard good things about Hydra.

I am sure you'll find people perking up once the first few cars are done using it, and as long as its the right price, with the right features and above all - properly developed and trouble free from minute one - I'm sure it'll pick up.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I totally agree. An ECU isn't always a simple plug-and-play unit. I've heard some great things about the Hydra, but never in relation to a Skyline.

I've just had a new ECU fitted, but if I was still in the market then the Hydra would be interesting, but not something I'd seriously consider. Until it's tried-and-tested on an RB26.

Richard has a great reputation so this is no reflection on him - an ECU is not a cheap piece of kit so I'd rather stick with something that has been proven time and again.

I'd be fairly confident that the Hydra is a good bit of kit, but I think that looking for a group buy is probably ambitious until there's some more feedback.

YMMV :)

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Richard has a great reputation so this is no reflection on him - an ECU is not a cheap piece of kit so I'd rather stick with something that has been proven time and again.

YMMV :)

u have hit the nail on the head. why would richard risk his reputation if he didnt think the ecu would work correctly. like u say also the hydra has a lots of good reports. leave upto u, mines going to be done so if nothing else at least i can show u the results.

ant

·
Registered
8,548 Posts
Read in JP recently about the Hydra on an impreza. seemed to do the business. As mentioned before, I think having a demo car with a Hydra to PROVE its a simple installation/setup will go a long way to geting customers to part with their cash.
Ant, hope it all goes well. I'd be interested,as would many others I'm sure, to hear of how the Hydra is performing on the Skyline.

TT

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
got some costs together today. same price for gtr or gts etc.

fully fitted and mapped usually £1640 (£1395 plus the VAT)
fully fitted and mapped group buy for 5 £1450 maybe slighty cheaper if we can get some more interest

i appreciate that it hasnt been fitted to many skylines but there are some out there with hydra. looks like i will be the demo car then:)

cheers ant

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
got some costs together today. same price for gtr or gts etc.

fully fitted and mapped usually £1640 (£1395 plus the VAT)
fully fitted and mapped group buy for 5 £1450 maybe slighty cheaper if we can get some more interest

i appreciate that it hasn't been fitted to many skylines but there are some out there with hydra. looks like i will be the demo car then:)

cheers ant
That's Cheap NOT:(

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
how much does a power fc cost these days ? about 4-500?
how much for a full start to finish remap including cold starts etc 4-500?
how many advantages over other ecus has the hydra got?

like i said u get what u pay for. i will soon be back with how well my car is running, and the figures even though i will probaly get slated for the figures like i did with my scooby cos theres lots of non believers out there and people who just seem to go with whats the norm.

ant

1 - 20 of 41 Posts