GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

(Hope owner does not mind me using this picture, mod's can delete if requested)

Hi all.

Been given the go-ahead from the mods to gather interest and hopefully make a few members/users happy, including myself in the purchase of a proven carbon propshaft for R34/r33 gtr's only. (For now)

Before discounted prices and lead times can be established, Steve at RB Motorsport has requested that l measure end to end of the standard props in order to double check archive measurements from research and development already carried out by themselves when this particular carbon prop first came on the scene

Having a r34 myself, l have got that covered, but need a r33 gtr owner to measure theirs.

In the pic below, the measurement MUST be between the two 'X's

So, if a kind r33 owner could get back to me with there prop dimensions it would be greatly appreciated, and anyone else interested in the purchase of a CTG (torqueline) carbon prop, please put your name down and let's get the ball rolling!

Regards,

Noz.

·
Registered
9,728 Posts
I would like a carbon prop for my getrag box, but that would be a mix of R34 front and R32 rear.

What price are we looking at?

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
Can this propshaft withstand more torque than a standard propshaft?
What is the weight difference between this propshaft and a stock item?

The propshaft has a sliding coupling, what position should this coupling be in when the measurement between the two 'x' is taken?

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Interesting!
:D

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
If the price is right for a R32/33 one I'm in.......Bob, you could send it to me as a gift to avoid NZ tax!

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
One hell of a Christmas pressy that Chris!
:D

·
Following EJH#25
6,841 Posts

The propshaft has a sliding coupling, what position should this coupling be in when the measurement between the two 'x' is taken?
I think Keith's car is proof of what they can handle, although Keith never disclosed what power/torque he actually had? (Seemed to be quite a bit :smokin:)

Such a shame I can't be part of the GB now. :(

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Just for your info GTC is making those props for Skylines already, so I'm wondering why they need now the measurements :nervous:

Anyway I got myself one for my BNR32 back in 2011, price was GBP 1800.- incl. VAT shipped to Austria at that time just for information :thumbsup:

Pics and some Infos to be found here:

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/132890-bnr32-fast-road-project-austria-24.html#post1493324

Weight is about 10kg lighter than stock if I remember correct and regarding the torque it can take plenty (come with test certificate), a lot more than most of us have ;)

Actual numbers I can post once I can look them up when I'm back home end of November.

Cheers,

Leo

·
Registered
9,728 Posts
I saw a video of one of CTG's props tested to destruction and was pushed to over 3000NM of torque before it gave way where as a steel prop when so much sooner.

·
Premium Member
8,090 Posts
Still gives you no excuse to not drive the car next summer Nozza :p

I can prob get hold of an R33 owner to measure if you haven't had someone yet do it

·
Registered
8,547 Posts
Do not get Keith involved in CTG carbon props, he might get banned again :chuckle:
:chuckle::chuckle:....ROFL. He probably owns the company by now :D

TT

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Right, this being my first group buy, lm a bit worried on ****ing it up! Lol

So to limit the possibility, myself and Steve have agreed that l do the leg work on the forum (gather interest, log interest then forward on to Steve (RBM) etc etc.

Also, because there are various carbon props to choose from (different lengths depending on model gtr and gearbox/diff used) we will stick to the r32/r33/34 gtr with standard gearbox and differential set ups to keep it simple.

Specific requirements such as Os Giken/Hollinger gearboxes, getrag into r32 gtr etc etc enquiries should be made to Steve at RB who is on hand to answer your questions. All measurements for these requirements are in there archive.

Genuine interested members/users should leave there GTROC user name, application as a log on this thread.
Example ; (1)nozza1 - r34 gtr - paid 11/11/2013.

Interested members/users wanting to purchase should clarify there requirements DIRECT with Steve at RBM, should also log there user name, application, payment date (as above) via this thread AND pay DIRECT to RB Motorsport, prefer it this way as everything is transparent and l do not want questions on tampering of the carbon props or worries with leaving paid monies.

I will need a hybrid of an R34/R32 length for the getrag, please confirm if possible.
If this enquiry is for a getrag into a r32 gtr, RBM have these measurements.

This info was originally posted by Keith Cowie back in 2005, I am on to Steve at RB for up to date info incase anything has changed.....

Torqline tell me that the prop is miles stronger than a STD shaft
and they dont snap that easy.

Nissan Skyline TORQline CS composite propshaft

***8226; Mass 5.9Kg saving over 10Kg

***8226; Failure load in excess of 4000Nm

***8226; Utilising lightened LJ109 CV joint

***8226; Heavy duty 1310 series UJ

***8226; Machined from billet yokes

TORQline products currently run in the following series:

Japanese GT Championship
American Le Mans Series
FIA GT Championship
FIA Hillclimb Championship
Le Mans 24 Hours
French GT Championship
Steve has advised, the measuring of the prop must be done in situ end to end, bolted up as intended from factory.

You don't want to measure along the prop, as the prop is at a slight angle just after the coupling. Measureing along the prop would possibly mean a slight difference in size in millimetres as opposed to measureing end to end in situ.

Just for your info GTC is making those props for Skylines already, so I'm wondering why they need now the measurements :nervous:

Anyway I got myself one for my BNR32 back in 2011, price was GBP 1800.- incl. VAT shipped to Austria at that time just for information :thumbsup:

Pics and some Infos to be found here:

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/132890-bnr32-fast-road-project-austria-24.html#post1493324

Weight is about 10kg lighter than stock if I remember correct and regarding the torque it can take plenty (come with test certificate), a lot more than most of us have ;)

Actual numbers I can post once I can look them up when I'm back home end of November.

Cheers,

Leo
Checking measurements is just a safe guard that there are no changes to your drive train that you are not aware off.

But like l said, those changes can be catered for via direct contact with RBM.

It's a possibility you was fortunate enough to purchase your carbon prop from CTG (torqueline), in 2011, due to the R&D for skyline application via Keith Cowie and RB Motorsport back in 2005. (Just saying :thumbsup:)

I'm hoping the price for the carbon props will be considerably cheaper than what you paid with the help of the group buy.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Group Buy on CTG (torqueline) Carbon Propshafts list

(1) nozza1 - r34 gtr
(2)
(3)
(4)
(5)
(6)
(7)