GTR Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Further to the "do you own an R35" thread isn't it about time we got a group buy organised. All of us are going to need tyres and I'm sure a dealer would be very interested in a whole group of people wanting them.

Someone know how we set this up?.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
It is a good idea, but the problem is that they often don't work on tyres for two reasons:

1. The margins are very low, so the savings are very small (sometimes only £10 per tyre).
2. Very few people are prepared to buy a set of tyres in advance of when they require them and store them for later use (especially if there is little financial incentive to do so). In the absence of that, you are reliant on finding enough people who want tyres now.

Also in terms of the R35, few people have reached the mileages necessary to require new tyres.

I'd be happy to participate, but then I once bought a dozen 315/30/18 Corsas from Tirerack in Ohio when they had mid-winter sale at $165 each! Even airfreighted from US, with taxes etc it was half the UK price!

·
Registered
421 Posts
Further to the "do you own an R35" thread isn't it about time we got a group buy organised. All of us are going to need tyres and I'm sure a dealer would be very interested in a whole group of people wanting them.

Someone know how we set this up?.
For the cheapest I know in Wales, call Simon, manager at Harrisbros in Swansea Harris Brothers Tyres - Swansea tyre sales, Swansea tyre repairs, Swansea wholesale of tyres, Swansea mobile tyre fitting, Swansea mechanical repair, Swansea mechanical servicing, Swansea MOT
Richardson Rd
Swansea, SA1
01792 653 169
He should be able to match the cheapest I've seen on this forum, which is £417 rear and £394 front for Dunlops, or £290 rear and £267 front for Bridgestones Car Tyres - MPV Tyres - People Carrier Tyres ::

To get cheapest price, make sure you tell Simon Rhodri sent you.

Also, closer still to you, you could try Graham Hollis at 4Wheels Bodyshop in St Clears. He's on 01994 230248. Again, tell him I sent you to get best quote. We're both instructors at Pembrey.

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
I'd be happy to participate, but then I once bought a dozen 315/30/18 Corsas from Tirerack in Ohio when they had mid-winter sale at $165 each! Even airfreighted from US, with taxes etc it was half the UK price!
LOL! Did you use them all? What size garage do you have to store a dozen spare tyres? :runaway:

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For the cheapest I know in Wales, call Simon, manager at Harrisbros in Swansea Harris Brothers Tyres - Swansea tyre sales, Swansea tyre repairs, Swansea wholesale of tyres, Swansea mobile tyre fitting, Swansea mechanical repair, Swansea mechanical servicing, Swansea MOT
Richardson Rd
Swansea, SA1
01792 653 169
He should be able to match the cheapest I've seen on this forum, which is £417 rear and £394 front for Dunlops, or £290 rear and £267 front for Bridgestones Car Tyres - MPV Tyres - People Carrier Tyres ::

To get cheapest price, make sure you tell Simon Rhodri sent you.

Also, closer still to you, you could try Graham Hollis at 4Wheels Bodyshop in St Clears. He's on 01994 230248. Again, tell him I sent you to get best quote. We're both instructors at Pembrey.
Cheers mate, your a star.

·
Registered
522 Posts
4 new Bridgestones making their way to me tomorrow from Camskill £1100. When I called the local Kwik Fit to arrange fitting they got a bit funny as I hadnt ordered the tyres through them . . . But interestingly when I told them that their online search produces no results for R35 sizes he ran it through his system and said he could order me in and price match the Bridgestones.

Scoured the net for some run flat all season tyres like the Dunlop SP Sport 7010 A/S option on Tirerack (US) but no luck. A bit gutted that there only seems to be a few summer run flat options available here.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Group buys on this forum have to be cleared by Admin.

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/107565-group-buy-note.html

Group buys are closed at present, soz.
Sorry Moleman,

Can you just clarify.

Group Buys have to be cleared by Admin - Happy and totally agree having seen some right old messes on other forums both car and bike related.

Group Buys closed at present - Why?

So even if we wanted to arrange something for the benefit of all members we can't, how long is this going to be the case for and what are the reasons please.

Regards

ScottyB

·
Real men use a H-Pattern.
12,040 Posts
The simple reason is, there's too many running.

Traders pay to advertise here so that we can run this forum. Too many private group buys damage a traders potential income from the forum they are paying to support.

So, we have to keep a lid on it.

·
Registered
565 Posts
The simple reason is, there's too many running.

Traders pay to advertise here so that we can run this forum. Too many private group buys damage a traders potential income from the forum they are paying to support.

So, we have to keep a lid on it.
Thanks Moleman,

Makes sense, 1 comment i will make is how many of our paying traders are able to supply keenly priced R35 tyres for our influx of new forum members, 135 and counting as per the Do you own an R35 thread?

I do not want to get into a them and us discussion but to close off the potential for Group Buys is one thing IF all of the traders can support the members, my opinion is that with regards tyres i cannot think of a registered trader who can supply tyres for the R35 at sensible prices, more than happy for them to post below if they can, and i would quite happily support them and in turn the forum.

Official request for Group Buy on R35 tyres on it's way unless one of our registered traders pipes up and is willing to do their bit.

Regards

ScottyB

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks Moleman,

Makes sense, 1 comment i will make is how many of our paying traders are able to supply keenly priced R35 tyres for our influx of new forum members, 135 and counting as per the Do you own an R35 thread?

I do not want to get into a them and us discussion but to close off the potential for Group Buys is one thing IF all of the traders can support the members, my opinion is that with regards tyres i cannot think of a registered trader who can supply tyres for the R35 at sensible prices, more than happy for them to post below if they can, and i would quite happily support them and in turn the forum.

Official request for Group Buy on R35 tyres on it's way unless one of our registered traders pipes up and is willing to do their bit.

Regards

ScottyB
:clap::clap::clap:

·
Registered
172 Posts
Thanks Moleman,

Regards

ScottyB
:clap::clap::clap: as well

·
Registered
565 Posts
Update for everyone

Official request for Group Buy made last week.

It is currently under review and will not be considered until Jan next year at the earliest.

Until then we have to hope that a registered trader can come up with something to support us or just be patient until the decision next year.

Regards

ScottyB

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.