GTR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
R35 Section manager
11,282 Posts
I have used them for parts-gear box and front diff-all good no issues delivered-very fast and cheap.
Never used them for fitting tho.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
....Do a search on here (and just about any other GTR site) on the N1 oil pump, Might change your mind.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
....Do a search on here (and just about any other GTR site) on the N1 oil pump, Might change your mind.

yea i had but my mate just doesn't want to pay 700 for a jun pump.

is it down to anything in perticular?(the n1 failures)

i.e is it only high power apps?

i had heard it was n1 pumps bought on ebay.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
There are fake N1 pumps on eBay, also originating from Japan, but not Genuine Nissan. For rel N1 pumps make sure you buy from an reputable supplier.
I have seen bad reviews on the N1 pumps, but they could be due to misuse. I'm sure if there was a massive problem with N1 pumps Nissan would have discontinued them a long time ago.
N1 pumps are basically the same as standard pumps. They do not allow a higher rev range, this is very important to remember. They are the same reliability as the standard pump.
If you are looking for a pump that will pump more oil, and stand up under higher rpms, I'd recommend the Jun, Tomei or HKS pumps.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There are fake N1 pumps on eBay, also originating from Japan, but not Genuine Nissan. For rel N1 pumps make sure you buy from an reputable supplier.
I have seen bad reviews on the N1 pumps, but they could be due to misuse. I'm sure if there was a massive problem with N1 pumps Nissan would have discontinued them a long time ago.
N1 pumps are basically the same as standard pumps. They do not allow a higher rev range, this is very important to remember. They are the same reliability as the standard pump.
If you are looking for a pump that will pump more oil, and stand up under higher rpms, I'd recommend the Jun, Tomei or HKS pumps.

thanks for that daryl,its my mates car,should be running 500-550 bhp and i have a feeling it will be living on the limiter so i will advise him. cheers

·
R35 Section manager
11,282 Posts
I'v spent £750 with Gt bitz this year with no issues-I know the company was joint owned last year-but Hom now works alone and is at Santa pod nows and again.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts