GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A big thank you to Ben for supplying my latest aquisition....The R33 GTR is one of the cleanest i have seen and once a few cosmetic bits have been sorted it will be spot on to my taste.
A big thank you to Tweenierob for sorting out the car and mapping my silver slag to produce 637bhp at 1.4 bar :smokin: This guy knows his skylines and certainly knows how to map :bowdown1: ..... The combination of Ben and Rob has once again brought me pleasure in Skyline owenership.

And ofcourse i cant go without mentioning my best man Tony aka M19 GTR for brining me to my senses and forcing me to buy this car...Cheers dude.

Roll on 1.8bar

Regards

Gez

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Great result :thumbsup:

More info about the car ???

Rob sure does know his stuff ,
hopefully i'll have need of his services again sooner rather than later.

·
Registered
363 Posts
pleasure

:)

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Yes, now my boost controller is sorted out i need Rob to tweak the excellent map he did on my R32 so i can turn the boost up a bit..

Even at 0.9 bar the car is so much more crisp and responsive than it was before it was mapped.

Recommend him everytime, very good :)

roll on 1.2 bar (at least) :D

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My spec

Ok,
Spec as follows

Engine
2.7l with mix and match of apexi and trust internals
Nismo 24 U block
Apexi 280 deg cams with 10.5 lift
Apexi adjustable cam gears
Apexi GT Valve springs
Headwork by Team Fireball Japan
Tomei 1.2mm headgasket
ACL race bearings

Turbos/Induction/cooling/exhaust
Trust TD 517Z turbos
Greddy Intake Plenum
Trust oil cooler
Blitz intercooler
Apexi induction kit
Apexi GT Spec stainless steel exhaust
RSR stainless front pipe
Trust oil cooler
Trust filter relocation kit
Z32 Air flow meter
SARD Dump valve

Fuel
Nismo fuel pump
900cc SARD injectors
SARD fuel delivery pipe
Nismo fuel pressure regulator

AP Engineering Power FC Pro mapped by Rob

Also have the aftermarket hard pipe kits and Greddy light weight pulleys.

Regards

Gerry

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol the cams are actually nice......lumpy on idle but in general the car is comfortable to drive with a nice power band. I do have the dyno sheet printout but i need to scan..To expalin a little, at 1.4 bar the curve was as straight as it can get with no tail off in power...Max power was reached at the limiter lol...I would love to push more boost to see how she reacts.lol I also need to get another boost controller as it has the Apexi item which im not a big fan of. I preffer the Profec B as it allows you play around a bit...

Sean, i hate shiny bits...wanna do a swap? The chroming is actually one of the best jobs i have seen out of japan...super smooth.

Gez

·
6,817 Posts
Man that's an amazing festival there under the bonnet.
Congrats for the new killing machine.
Get some pics uploaded quick.

. . .jalousy:bawling:

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
lol the cams are actually nice......lumpy on idle but in general the car is comfortable to drive with a nice power band. I do have the dyno sheet printout but i need to scan..To expalin a little, at 1.4 bar the curve was as straight as it can get with no tail off in power...Max power was reached at the limiter lol...I would love to push more boost to see how she reacts.lol I also need to get another boost controller as it has the Apexi item which im not a big fan of. I preffer the Profec B as it allows you play around a bit...

Sean, i hate shiny bits...wanna do a swap? The chroming is actually one of the best jobs i have seen out of japan...super smooth.

Gez
I have a very 'street' looking set of covers etc just right to enhance your obvious urban cool factor. I mean shiney bits! Its bordering on effeminate - infact I'd be doing you a favour:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Cant believe you drove it to get it dirty, all that effort cleaning your car at 11pm went to waste :mad:

Out in the car until 7am the next day enjoying it might explain the filth i suppose... :D

Cheers Gez, awesome car!!!

Rob

Your car also convinced me finally on a few last specs on my new one.... ;)

·
Banned
11,494 Posts
Are you still operating an 8000rpm limit? What are the 517s rated at?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Why/How are you running an AP Engineering Power FC?

Did you mean like a D-Jetro or something?

To my knowledge APE don't make a Power FC for RB26's???

Either way specs are awesome! Congrats!

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
A big thank you to Ben for supplying my latest aquisition....The R33 GTR is one of the cleanest i have seen and once a few cosmetic bits have been sorted it will be spot on to my taste.
A big thank you to Tweenierob for sorting out the car and mapping my silver slag to produce 637bhp at 1.4 bar :smokin: This guy knows his skylines and certainly knows how to map :bowdown1: ..... The combination of Ben and Rob has once again brought me pleasure in Skyline owenership.

And ofcourse i cant go without mentioning my best man Tony aka M19 GTR for brining me to my senses and forcing me to buy this car...Cheers dude.

Roll on 1.8bar

Regards

Gez
Damn this car is quick and i mean quick and drives superb too, as for pointing in the right direction then i was glad to help and wished every1 i told listened...lol

Tony:chuckle:

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
What are the 517s rated at?
around the 650hp mark seems to be around the limit ,
mine has no headwork , (just cams) standardish ex manifolds & elbows and managed 600hp @ 1.4 bar .
Peak efficiency is around 1.7 - 1.8bar

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Peak efficiency is around 1.7 - 1.8bar
Dont tell him that!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: ;)

I upped the rev limit to 8250, i would be happy with this particular engine at 9000. Ideally it needs to rev past peak power.

Rob

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
hehehehehe that sounds perfect to me ........

When r u free for the next mapping session????

In all seriousness though i really need to get to grips with the power before i even think about peak boost....I may even stay with this power and just try and play around with a Profec b and try and reduce lag a little and how the turbos kick in...

Ahsirt, the Pro Version is not the same as the J-detro..The differences are only minor as far as i know and it still uses AFM's....In the near future though i really want to look into a Motec and see what we can extract.

Regards

Gez

1 - 20 of 33 Posts