GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everybody,

I am in the final stages of making arrangements for delivery of my GT-R on Sept 21st. I was wondering if I could get any opinions about the following that the HPC is trying to sell me:-

1) Key and Tyre cover

2) Paintwork protection

3) Jack and Rod

Are these just additional money spinners for the HPC, or is there any value or merit in them?

Thanks for your advice in advance.

Cheers,

Nick

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hi Nick

I took the tyre and key insurance.
Got home and then thought i had made a mistake.

How wrong i was. Got 2 punctures in the first 6 weeks
claiming £500 a corner.

Not sayng that everyone is going to have punctures but
its like all insurance policies..you never know.

T

·
Registered
535 Posts
Why do you need a jack for the GTR when you have Run flats ?? if ever I want to take a wheel off or get underneath my car at home it will be on a Trolley Jack so much easier. (You might want the jack just to fill the space a bit like tool kits that come with cars a Nice to have and its got GTR stamped on it)

Paint protection if something like Guard X ....im not convinced of its benefits having purchased it on other vehicles I wont this time around.

Tyre and key insurance umm might be interested when i know more.

CJ

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What are you paying for the tyre insurance?

Also what's the excess and maximum claim per year?
Tyre and Key Insurance is £499 for 3 years. You can caim up to 2 keys! I don't know the limit / exclusions on the tyres - I'm not even sure there is an excess. I await the information.

Nick

·
Registered
159 Posts
Back when I was working in the Motor Trade, we purchased Diamond Bright packs for £40 each and then applied them instead of polish before delivery, hence no extra labour cost to the dealer. Cost to customer £450!

Hence why I always laugh when offered "special paint protection".

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Back when I was working in the Motor Trade, we purchased Diamond Bright packs for £40 each and then applied them instead of polish before delivery, hence no extra labour cost to the dealer. Cost to customer £450!

Hence why I always laugh when offered "special paint protection".
Yea we were offer this with the R32 at £500.

The day after the deliver I took it to my friends who works for BMW and he had it done for £20. Cost £10 for the prodcut as they buy it in bulk and gave £10 to the guy who was applying it! Even got a lift into town for some lunch by the BMW driver and they picked me up when it was done. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for your comments guys - I can see that they are making a good few hundred pounds on it, but my question is does it work rather than is is worth it?

Nick

·
Registered
690 Posts
Thanks for your comments guys - I can see that they are making a good few hundred pounds on it, but my question is does it work rather than is is worth it?

Nick
Will it protect the paint? Err no. You'd be better off getting the car hand cleaned and waxed every month. Had it done on my Subaru....total nonsense.

·
Premium Member
7,641 Posts
Yep, spend £300 on a proper detailing, and top it up every 2 months or so. Best money you'll spend.

·
Premium Member
7,641 Posts
will check for you....

·
Premium Member
7,641 Posts
May be worth checking out A world for detailers... for some guys near Guildford.

Personally I dont know any around there and I wouldnt want to recommend anybody without having used them myself.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks charlie. I see they have a section for detailers in the South & I'll have a search through the studio section when I get a spare half hour or so. If anyone else has any recommendations they'd be appreciated

MarkO

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Here's the information on the Tyre and Key cover:-

Price £499
Cover Duration 3 Years
Maximum Claim 5 Tyres over period of insurance
Excess £10
No Excess on Key Cover which gives you £350 towards Key / Lock replacement in the event of lost / stolen House or Car Keys.

Sounds a good deal to me!!!!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts