GTR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Has anyone been successful installing a rear view mirror with homelink in a European GT-R ?
The rear connector of the US version if different from the european, how do I solve this problem ?

Thank you

·
Registered
130 Posts
I remember reading about this, the mirror install is easy (the exact model to order has been posted somewhere) but it's not compatible with European devices right?
So once installed, you can use it for wireless control of e.g. switching camera inputs (as I believe Adamantium uses it for) but opening your garage door needs modification to your garage control unit if I'm not mistaken.
Anyone know the details of this?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Yes you are right, the one I ordered was the same frequency as my gate but still didn't work, you do need receivers to operate over here. I was recommended liftmaster ones but didn't get round to it and just plan to use it for the front camera switch.

And like Adam said just cut the plug off and fit the american one.

This is the one I bought and it came with the plug http://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-Amber-...684233?pt=Car_Audio_Video&hash=item27e7eb5549 the seller might be able to help you with a plug if you didn't get one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts