GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
F & F

I am that sad B*****D:eek: . I went to see the movie and what a pile of keek:eek: . There was only 1 GTR that I noticed. It was an all yellow number which was basically used as an extra i.e. wasn't raced, wasn't mentioned and you'd only know it was there if you knew what you were looking for.

But what the heck..who needs to drool over Skylines when they've got a souped-up VW Jetta:D :D

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Yellow 33

The Yellow 33 has got cool bbs alloys on it (i think)
It certainly looked the part....

The guy who owened the Supra got a good deal, they borrowed the car from him then added about $100 k worth of bits then gave it back to him as it was in the film plus $40,000 so that he could put it back to standard spec...yeah right.

I believe they had 5 of the Supras built but only the one had the balls out engine mods done to it.

Point break in cars but this film will definately be the maxhead best seller !!

/Steve

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
That yellow R33 GTR in the fast and the furious is belong to Motorex, the rims on it are not BBS, it is a mash wheels that have that BBS look. It is some kind of Japanese brand wheels, I forgot the name of it.

You can see picture of that car on the motorex's site, there is only one yellow car in the site.

http://motorex.net/m_gallery.html

Jeff

·
Registered
40 Posts
I was excited at the beginning of the movie to see a Skyline in it, but in the end I was disappointed by the usage of it, since it was basically just an extra. It probably cost them too much to just get one, so that they didn't want to put it into any hardcore scenes so that they didn't have the chance of wrecking it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I forgot all about the F&F. It didn't come out over there until recently right. See it was out over here this summer. I noticed it was a Skyline right from the start of the movie. Most of the people that i went with didn't even have a clue. Since we don't have many of them over here in the states no one knew what it was. I was like wow look at the Skyline and all the people around me were like the what. I was dissapointed too, but you knows they are supposed to come out with an F&F 2 so maybe they will use the Skyline a little more this time

·
Registered
40 Posts
Fast and the Furious 2? Hmm... Street racing in Mexico, lol. No, it would be cool if they came out with another one. Especially if they used the Skyline more often. Since F+F1 was such a hit, maybe they will be willing to spend a little more money on the sequel so that they can actually afford to race a Skyline around. And maybe I will get to see a 3000GT in more of a role than just crashing in a video game! (Yeah, I'm not bitter about that or anything).

·
Registered
101 Posts
maybe it was to expensive to be sacrificed like the supra? or maybe it was too valuable :D

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Yes the reason F&F didn't use the GTR as the main car is all because of the high cost of the GTR in the USA. The movie company discussed the possibility to use my friend's R34 GTR in the movie before they made the movie. But at that time there were only 2 R34 GTR in the US, so they scrap that idea. Used Supra is much much cheaper.

Jeff

1 - 13 of 13 Posts