GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Guys

Sorry for the late message but at Nissan London West we will be showcasing the GT-R Nismo and Track Edition this weekend. The vehicle will be in my showroom from tomorrow up until Saturday. Please feel free to pop down and have a look.

Nissan Retail

Regards

Amjad

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Showroom closes at 7pm on Thursday and Friday and 6pm on Saturday. It will be leaving my showroom on Saturday evening.

I have a Gun Metal Recaro edition, have a Storm White Recaro demo and have a Black Recaro edition waiting for a customer to collect.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
I went in today, Amjad's your man if you want one. Good meeting you and thanks for all the info!

Took some pics - Track Edition looks super sexy

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Looks like a white recaro with different wheels and a carbon wing to me.

Am not seeing the point I'm afraid.
So I thought too.

But..

The buckets are necessary for me should I have anyone sit behind me.

The GT500 wheels looks a million times better than the stock, so I'd want them.

The Track Edition sits lower and more purposeful than the standard car.

Carbon spoiler looks great against the white.

Residuals will be better.

·
Registered
9,073 Posts
I don't agree re residuals at all.

The carbon appearance is a function of the car being white.

Slimmer non branded but potentially identical seats are available for a fraction of the price.

Personally disagree entirely on the wheels front, but that's up to you.

Height of car can be adjusted with a sleeve kit/better after market suspension.

All these bits can be easily bought aftermarket and installed for much less than the £17k premium you are paying.

I believe it's also not a limited run, so I'm not convinced that the extra £17k will proportionally hold its value compared with the great residuals of the car itself.

It's not a Nismo.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
I don't agree re residuals at all.

The carbon appearance is a function of the car being white.

Slimmer non branded but potentially identical seats are available for a fraction of the price.

Personally disagree entirely on the wheels front, but that's up to you.

Height of car can be adjusted with a sleeve kit/better after market suspension.

All these bits can be easily bought aftermarket and installed for much less than the £17k premium you are paying.

I believe it's also not a limited run, so I'm not convinced that the extra £17k will proportionally hold its value compared with the great residuals of the car itself.

It's not a Nismo.
Not wanting to go through the finances on here but the Track Edition would cost me a total of £4,900 more.

By the time I added the cost of messing around with the seats, wheels and suspension I would think it would cost more than the £4,900 premium

·
Registered
9,073 Posts
At £4,900 I'd be tempted but only for the chassis stiffening.

Is that £4900 including the extra £6000 you have to pay for the seats?

Of course I have no idea where the discount comes from, but £4900 for £11000 of car and £6000 of optional seats is very impressive.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
At £4,900 I'd be tempted but only for the chassis stiffening.

Is that £4900 including the extra £6000 you have to pay for the seats?

Of course I have no idea where the discount comes from, but £4900 for £11000 of car and £6000 of optional seats is very impressive.
I wasn't aware that the seats cost an extra £6,000? Is it not part of the Track Edition offering 'out of the box'?

I wasn't told otherwise when I enquired today.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hello guys

My apologies but the seats are a £6000 option, just found out from Nissan directly. They hadn't informed me of the option I am afraid and a mistake was made. Apologies Chou

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Strangely I don't even like those 6k seats, would rather keep standard recaros. I don't like the carbon spoiler either or the wheels, haha. The only plus point for me would be the apparently stiffer suspension.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Chou the seats are no good for you if your looking for rear leg room improvement as whilst they have put seats in the back the front seats don't tilt to allow rear entry on track edition but they do on the Nismo

1 - 20 of 22 Posts