GTR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is this as it says only open to GT-R owners or can us GTS and GT onwers join?

If not anyclubs that are available?

·
Registered
27 Posts
GTS

Hi Rich

Are you new to the GTS?

We have just picked ours up. If you want to have a chat electronically, just drop us a line. Be glad to speak to someone, as we know very little about the car, learning all the time.

Regards

Kim and Toni

·
Registered
506 Posts
GTS

Hi Rich,

Have asked the same question myself a few times. There appears to be a few of us GTS owners who participate in this forum. Pretty handy to learn from the 'big' guys in their GTRs. Haven't found any GTS clubs just nissan turbo etc.

From what I've read, we can participate in the forums etc but obviously can't join the GTR register.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Register

To be honest this is not a "club", we joined the Group B club to organise track days but beyond that, this web-site is it :)

But it seems effective in spreading information and organising events, so pretty much does everything a club does.

And if GTi-Rs or Skyline GTSs wish to join in the fun, why not :)

Cheers

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Kim and Toni, new to the GTS-T lark myself so I doubt I could be of much help there, but nice to see another GTS owner.

Stu mate this is the prob is finding a club really more so for discounts and other goodies.

Joss mate so what your really saying is we could join if we wanted to? If that be the case then I would as it would be nice to meet other owners etc.

·
Registered
547 Posts
GTS

basically by participating on this site, you are 66.6% of the way there :)

Just turn up to some events ... quite a fre GTSs and GTi-Rs were at Gaydon and Billing (check the pictures)

Cheers

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice one as it would be good to meet up with fellow owners, and seeing as Oulton park is 5mins away even better.

Also anyone out there done any good mods to the GTS-T and got good results? Have some cash spare and was wondering which mod was the best for the cash? Also what sort of power increase can u see with the RB25DET (Whats the max some one has got then?

Many thx.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Mods

Rich,

Just fitted a fuel cut defencer chip and HKS boost controller. That's boosted me up to 282bhp at 0.8 bar. Was gonna give the fuel cut defencer a miss but without it my standard ECU was only good to slightly above 0.5 bar (standard is 0.45 bar).

Had thought of fitting a cold air induction kit but when it was tried out it was sucking 'hotter' air than the standard air box so dumped that idea.

Even with this small boost in BHP see a very noticeable difference in performance. Don't forget to fill your baby up with Superunleaded. The guys here have been very helpful with info etc.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
506 Posts
GTS mods

Rich,

The fuel cut defencer, HKS boost controller and labour all came to around £800. The guys at Scole engineering (Diss, Norfolk) did the work. Believe me it was worth every penny!!!

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sounds pretty good to me, u got any more info on this fuel cut defender thing? Is it a chip that ups the fueling and psi as a normal chip or does it do something else?

·
Registered
710 Posts
FCD

FCD are a waste of time on the RB25DET. Speak to Ian at Hi-Tek and he'll tell you why. I know of another tuner who's tested the thing and said it was useless - apparently they only work well on Toyota engines and hence their popularity with the Supra boys.

Talat.

·
Registered
506 Posts
FCD

Talat,

I took your advice and wasn't going to get an FCD fitted but when the chaps at Scole tested the set-up with the boost controller and normal ECU, the ECU was only good to just above 0.5bar - hence fitted the FCD. For the sake of £95 it aint make of a sacrifice

Lets be honest here I know bugger all about cars

·
Registered
710 Posts
FCD

If that was the case then the FCD was justified.

It's just that I've been told that if you boost over 0.8 bar and use an FCD to aid fuelling then that's when you'll experience the problems. Unlike the GT-R, the stock ECU for the GTS25-T doesn't have maps for anything above that boost setting 'cos of the higher compression ratio.

Talat.

·
Registered
506 Posts
FCD

Talat,

Scole tested my car at 1.0bar and had to stop due to detonation. It appears that I'd have to get a bigger intercooler to run at that pressure. Did get to me above 300bhp though! From all Ive read at these sites it would seem that the next mods would be more extreme - bigger intercooler, metal head gasket, metal turbos?, remapped ecu? Rich probably worth taking all this on board.

As I said above, despite the discussions we had earlier about the standard ECU being good to 0.8bar, the reality was far from it.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Tuning

Well to be honest Stu, I'm just relaying information that was told to me by a friend in Japan who had his car tuned by HKS Hiroshima.

It may well be that it'll run ok at 1.0 bar with the stock ECU but then you'll be risking engine damage. I am far from an expert on this matter but I've been told that Nissan didn't have maps for anything over 0.9 bar and thus would shutdown if it tried to go over that figure because it didn't want to damage the engine - the FCD would get rid of this facility and hence you'd have 0.8 bar fuelling at 1.0 bar boost - Ian at Hitek will explain it better.

GT-R's are different, you could increase the boost, adjust the timing and away you go.

But intercooler, ECU and head gasket would be a good move for your next mods.

Talat.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts