GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

Not sure if this has been posted before, as I couldn't find. I parked my car up at the petrol forecourt and came out to put the nozzle in to fuel, and low and behold the filler cap cover was open. I've heard of GT-R's recognising race tracks, but petrol stations don't think so. Anyway, I filled up and parked up in the town, central locked the car and to my surprise with the car locked I am able to push the petrol cap flap open, and then unscrew the filler cap. This has surely got to be a risk, not just from people siphoning petrol, but inserting foreign objects of all sorts. Is the cure to get a lockable petrol cap to mitigate that risk, or is it a fault ?.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Did you have the keys on you after you central locked the doors? Maybe it's like the boot and can be opened when it detects the keys are in range

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts
You shouldn't be able to open the petrol flap if the cars locked.
My 2010

·
Registered
223 Posts
Had a small plunger type thing fall out of my petrol cap some time ago didnt think anything about it as it still opened when pushed, may try the central locking thing when i next lock it to see if this is what happens to mine. May have to look at fixing it if its broke.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually, yes when I press the petrol filler cap it does open and that's with the car keys on me. So will try and leave the keys at home this evening, that will be embarrassing if it remains locked :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts