GTR Forum banner

61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
There it is!! Take away the carbon detailing to make the headlights stand out and give it a normal roof line! If the final car looks like that I will start saving tomorrow:D

Nice to see you in here once in a while Jeff! Hope you are doing great!!:)

·
Registered
12 Posts
bnr34vspec2 said:
another great chop someone did, color matched all the black pieces. This is the way I prefer mine.
Wow! The body colored A pillars and front areas below the headlights really does improve the car substantially. Looks a lot more integrated. Wow! I can't believe how differently I'm looking at the car right now!

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,561 Posts
I still prefer the Concept to Proto.

It just looks,......... well, less 350.

I'd also be disappointed if it was going to have a twin turbo V6 and even more so
if it’s going to be a V8. The whole idea of Jap car tuning these days is based around
turbo engines for 'cheap' big power gains so a V8 would really be against the whole
GT-R culture IMO.:(

As Toyota is likely to bring out the Supra replacement with a V10 and 500bhp,
I think in order for Nissan to redeem them selves after a mildly disappointing GT-R
Proto is to fit a twin turbo V8 and give something for us enthusiasts something to
seriously tune, as after all, most of the GT-R legend is based around tuned cars.

Nissan just provides a base for us to build legends after all.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
DCD said:
There it is!! Take away the carbon detailing to make the headlights stand out and give it a normal roof line! If the final car looks like that I will start saving tomorrow:D
Again, we have the same taste ;)

DCD said:
Nice to see you in here once in a while Jeff! Hope you are doing great!!:)
I am doing just fine, thank you! I can see you are doing great too :) I do come in here once in a while, I rarely post since I got nothing much to say without actually owning a GTR :p

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Circusmonkey said:
Have there been any feedback from magazines/people/tuners in Japan on the proto yet?
Magazines seem to like it but haven't had the chance to ask any tuners yet. I'm certain they'll say it's what's underneath that matters though.
People at the show when I was there seemed to really like it apart from the occasional detail. Nissan will certainly be able to sell it to the next generation of car buyers though because anyone under 18 absolutely loved it!!

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Bean said:
Nissan will certainly be able to sell it to the next generation of car buyers though because anyone under 18 absolutely loved it!!
I hope alot of those 20 and under folks can pony up the $$$ to keep Nissan happy, because even though I could probably afford one I dont see it happening unless there are a number of minor tweaks cosmetically.

Guess we will have to see!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Bean said:
Magazines seem to like it but haven't had the chance to ask any tuners yet. I'm certain they'll say it's what's underneath that matters though.
People at the show when I was there seemed to really like it apart from the occasional detail. Nissan will certainly be able to sell it to the next generation of car buyers though because anyone under 18 absolutely loved it!!
Thanks

61 - 78 of 78 Posts