Votes: 88 42.1%
  • Don't work in I.T.

Votes: 121 57.9%
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, long time lurker now turned poster :) if all goes well should be placing an order for a Premium Edition storm White GT-R sometime next week.

Anyway, attended a few events over the weekend and spoke to a few owners and what struck me was the amount of owners who work in the I.T. Ran a search on the forum and couldnt find anything which would include the R35 but whats the deal? How many of you work in I.T? And does this mark it out as the clever persons sportscar?

(p.s. Sorry if this question has been asked before and hope it isnt a :repost:, couldnt find it in the searches)

P.P.S. Im a graphic designer!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Wonder if there are any Hairdressers ............:runaway:

I guess it could go to another vote:eek:

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Do i count as a IT guy....i mean i know how to switch the computer on and how to use google:chuckle:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Haha! If it was that simply we would all be Bill Gates :) Interesting results so far, really expected to see it go the other way!!

·
Registered
634 Posts
Work in IT and love the car for its Tech - but love it more for its "Skyline" Rep and what it stands for - a car for the person that bucks the trend and dares to be different.

Kp

·
Registered
535 Posts
Work in IT and love the car for its Tech - but love it more for its "Skyline" Rep and what it stands for - a car for the person that bucks the trend and dares to be different.
Kp
Agree with last bit :chuckle:

We Are Traitors :bowdown1: States the case Nicley, I still think Nissan should of used this on TV Adverts :thumbsup:

CJ

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
There seems to be a miss match really, there are a lot of people who "work" in IT who have these cars, however most I find are at the "IT Reseller" Exec Level Management ( MD typically )

Speaking to a lot of them their reply to "so why the 35 then" , most answers were well the 34 wasnt the car for me but the 35 is, or well its reputation against a porsche is good and its cheaper.

Seemingly most don't know much beyond that when asked a few probing questions about why, but its good enough for them.

But then thats why the club exists so people can know more about the wagon they have bought.

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
I had to take my mam to hospital a few days ago (dog bite) and seen a new GTR parked in the reserved "doctors" space. So not I.T. :)

·
Registered
634 Posts
There seems to be a miss match really, there are a lot of people who "work" in IT who have these cars, however most I find are at the "IT Reseller" Exec Level Management ( MD typically )

Speaking to a lot of them their reply to "so why the 35 then" , most answers were well the 34 wasnt the car for me but the 35 is, or well its reputation against a porsche is good and its cheaper.

Seemingly most don't know much beyond that when asked a few probing questions about why, but its good enough for them.

But then thats why the club exists so people can know more about the wagon they have bought.
I know 4 IT people with one, one is a sales person (a very good one), one is a teccy, my pal and I fall into MD/Director category above - make that 5 (Robbie J) works for an IT company as well.

I would have had an R34 if I could have had one as a company car but I could not get a new one. Then I got 911 and then Nissan brought out the R35 and I saved some money and got some credit = GTR on the drive (well in the garage at the mo)

My reason for buying it was pure and simple - I always wanted a Skyline and no matter what Nissan call it - it's a Skyline - which makes it awesome to drive, a brand shrouded in mystery and exclusivity (don't get that with Pork) and my reasons above.

I think it is more the "it" car than the IT car at the moment.

Kp

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
:chuckle:
How's tricks big chap?

Was talking to another rig pig (Need4Speed) and he mentioned a wee meet with drive in March.

I've got to take my car back to Audio Advice in March for the boss to come over from Belfast with an RTA, and tune it once the speakers bed in, so thought we could meet there. Anybody interested in audio, parking sensors fitting, etc could talk to the boys there about what they can do for GT-Rs (there is nothing they don't know about the audio/electrics in one having slaved on my car for weeks). They also do detailing World meets there, so could maybe tie in with that. And then go for a wee drive somewhere?

Anyway hope you're well :)

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Sure I work with IT - but don't have an R35 :p

I think this one is worth a poll

·
Registered
444 Posts
Well, I must be doing something wrong. I am working in IT and definitely do not earn enough to buy a R35 in any foreseeable future.

Does IT pay that much in the UK? (guess I'll have to move soon :))

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
There seems to be a few around. I finally got back from the Black Sea yesterday and flew into Edinburgh. I finally got my car picked up and drove it home. About time too!

Ally
Do semi retired Rig Pigs count or just you full time folks:p. PS my next few trips will be Nigeria, Angola and Libya in that order:puke: Seems to get to go to nice places you need to be a tuner eh Ben? :p

1 - 20 of 67 Posts