GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After going to Silverstone at the weekend I've decided to start tracking my GT-R more often, the car was an amazing beast on the track and I had so much fun, even though I was getting overtaken all day long.

I have been doing track days in my little z4 but now I have no desire to track the z4 after experiencing the GT-R so I will be selling it and putting the money into my GT-R.

I initially wanted to take my Stage 1 GT-R to a stage 4 but have instead decided to put the money into making the car more track focused after realizing I don't desire any more power yet.

I've just purchased a set of alloys which I will be putting toyo r888's on as a track only tyre set.

I'm just looking for some suggestions on where I should direct my budget on the car with the view of regular track days during summer.

Currently looking to upgrade the brake discs to Alcons and pads to Pagid rs29's.

My car is a MY09.

Thanks
Matt

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Speak to Litchfield about their suspension improvements, and watch the video with the WTCC drivers testing it out.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes I was in the blue GTR similar to Johns.

Not sure if we spoke, I lost track of everyone's names.

Although I did love that Atom. It's a beautiful beast of a machine.

Matt

·
Premium Member
2,517 Posts
Yes I was in the blue GTR similar to Johns.

Not sure if we spoke, I lost track of everyone's names.

Although I did love that Atom. It's a beautiful beast of a machine.

Matt
The beast Atom is here at home, that's my Cup car, only 245bhp but goes quite well. Jake really enjoyed driving it. Hopefully next time I can get some more time to take people out.

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
In order of importance for a fun track day I'd suggest...

Brakes
Suspension
More Power

I always fit the best brakes I can afford, because they do save you time in every corner.
Adding more power just means you're going quicker so really need better brakes, which means more chance of fade if running stock ones still.

A stage 2 or 4 car with the Litchfield suspension kit and a decent brakes is well balanced IMO.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hi Matt,looks like you have got the track bug :chuckle: i was going to email you on how you got on.

Anyway i would go with the Alcon 396mm front disc's rather than the 400mm as the 396 are made from a new casting method and are more durable thn the 400mm.
I done a fair bit or research on the Alcons and found some good deals on these 396mm discs with bells and pagid rs29 pads and the rears 380mm with bells and pagid pads.If you want the company pm me.

Stephen

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yep looking into Alcons, don't have the budget to stretch to the BBK (Have to sneak all the spend around the wife).

Just struggling figuring it out, looks like there is a 400mm upfront rotor, 380mm and a 398mm rotor?

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Hi Matt,looks like you have got the track bug :chuckle: i was going to email you on how you got on.

Anyway i would go with the Alcon 396mm front disc's rather than the 400mm as the 396 are made from a new casting method and are more durable thn the 400mm.
I done a fair bit or research on the Alcons and found some good deals on these 396mm discs with bells and pagid rs29 pads and the rears 280mm with bells and pagid pads.If you want the company pm me.

Stephen
Thanks Stephen

Thats the one I was looking for 396mm.

Will shoot you a pm.

I got the track bug at Cadwell in my z4, I thought the z4 was good enough for me on track, cheap to run, RWD and nice in the corners.
That was until I took my GT-R around Silverstone and had some tuition, the car blew me away, I've never driven anything like it.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
This is me getting some tuition from one of in-house instructors, I found it helped me a great deal.

As you can see I'm pretty rubbish right now and get overtaken a lot but I was slowly getting faster through the day and near the end of the session I was really starting to enjoy throwing the car around and taking some corners at speed.

I have a long way to go but I enjoy it so much.

1 - 20 of 129 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.