GTR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning I went to have a look at a R33 GT-R which is up for sale. It was a 96 Vspec and was much tidier than the only other GT-R I've been to have a look at so far.

I checked all of the things that I've learnt about on this forum (fins on diff, speedo, seatbelt tags, rear wash wipe, chassis number etc) and everything looked good.

One thing that did stand out was the plastic trim on the bottom of the bumper next to the exhaust was seperated from the body panel and there was a fairly big gap. The salesman said that most Skylines he'd seen had this problem and it was due to the exhaust heat ? true/false ? I dunno. I couldn't work out if the plastic had become unglued or if the metal panel had taken a knock and had deformed inwards slightly. Anyone else had this happen on their GT-R ?

Also, stupid question but is the GT-R badge on the end plate of the rear wing only on one side ? There was no badge on the right hand side on this car - just blank.

Anyway, before I waffle any more, I was offered much less for my car in part exchange than I was expecting and he wouldn't shift at all on the price of the Skyline so I had to walk away. Quite disappointing really as I'm sure this Skyline was a good find :(

I'm going to try and sell my car privately but I doubt this beasty will be waiting for me by the time I've done that.

the hunt continues......

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Hi Mate,

The undertray sounds like an add on unless I have not noticed one on my car....

The GTR end cap is only on one side so you are not getting ripped off on that one..

good luck.

/Steve

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks Steve - that's cleared that up.

Here's a link to photo of a V-spec that shows the trim that I mentioned

1995 v-spec

not really too important, I'm just trying to find out what's standard and what's not on the GT-R's

cheers,

Andy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts