GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just fitted an R33 fuel pump to my 200sx (S14a) and it seems to be quite abit louder than my standard one. Is this normal for a skyline pump to be noisey? May be a hard one to answer but how loud are they? I can hear it buzzing away on idle and low speed but can't when Im going faster. Does this sound about normal?

Cheers,

Dave.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Mine does the same pretty loud on idle after that the exhaust take over.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Yeah done the same upgrade on my GTST, far louder priming, low buzz at ilde and gets louder as u blip the throttle, u tend not to notice it after a while as u said. Its just when u stop.

Not sure if its normal on the GTR, but been told it is on the GTS so would think the same for the 200sx m8.

·
Registered
520 Posts
The GTRs have a Fuel Pump Control Module that controls the speed of the fuel pump at various revs / loads etc. I am not sure whether this is a variable thing, or just two stages (hi & lo), but if you have just replaced your S14 pump without the FPCM then it will be running flat out all the time. Hence the noise.

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
The GTS has the variable speed FPCM also, but the APEXi PFC runs the pump constantly.

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Simon said:
The GTRs have a Fuel Pump Control Module that controls the speed of the fuel pump at various revs / loads etc. I am not sure whether this is a variable thing, or just two stages (hi & lo), but if you have just replaced your S14 pump without the FPCM then it will be running flat out all the time. Hence the noise.
Simon,

It's a 3 stage set up, you can watch the stages using the Power FC in sensor mode.

Dave,

Stop worrying, I wouldn't sell you a duff pump now would I!

Peter.

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
Right, I'm away to check the Commander and see what the PFC has done to my FPCM ;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Simon said:
Is it possible to fit this FPCM to a 200?? And what cotrols it??

Cheers,

Dave.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts