GTR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all,

Some amazing news from the GT-R Drivers Club, all our members and those who are joining us at the 50th Anniversary showpiece celebration at Silverstone next weekend.

After months (since before Xmas) we have been planning and working with our friends at Nissan Motor GB (NMGB) and Nissan Japan, including the amazing gentleman who runs the global GT-R program, to beg borrow or steal the (only) GT-R50 for the club stand.

Guess what, not only have Nissan provided their mobile exhibition unit for the full weekend, but they have also confirmed the GT-R50 will take pride of place for the full weekend! You may have seen the sneak preview pics in its new colour scheme on Facebook etc from last weekend at Caffeine and Machine - the reason it was there is actually because it arrived early for the club celebrations so why not give it a couple of outings.

As if that isn***8217;t enough excitement, we also have the new 2020 Nismo complete with new carbon roof, fenders, bonnet, new wheels, turbos etc etc etc 6 months before it***8217;s available.

We genuinely can***8217;t thank NMGB and Nissan Japan enough for all their help and support in arranging this. I am sure you can appreciate the logistics and commitment of getting such vehicles in the right place at the right time - and for the entire weekend.

We can***8217;t wait to see you all there and come and join us for a cuppa, wander round the stand and watch the Parade lap on Saturday PM. It's the GT-R event of the year.

See you at the weekend ***8211; now we just hope the weather holds.

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
Really looking forward to the weekend, I think the weather is looking very good.
I have seen the Gt-R50 at Goodwood last year and it looked great!

·
Premium Member
3,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Really looking forward to the weekend, I think the weather is looking very good.
I have seen the Gt-R50 at Goodwood last year and it looked great!
Issue is we both have to look at 2020 Nismo.......

It does look carbony.

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
Sorry - I am trying not to do that myself.
I have already enquired about the cost to change as I am sure you probably have Rog. I hope when I see the new nismo in the flesh, I leave the show happy with what I all ready have!

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Sorry to disappoint boys, the MY2020 is stunning. Just needs the defuser and active wing from the GTR50***129316;

·
Premium Member
2,731 Posts
Hello all,

Some amazing news from the GT-R Drivers Club, all our members and those who are joining us at the 50th Anniversary showpiece celebration at Silverstone next weekend.

After months (since before Xmas) we have been planning and working with our friends at Nissan Motor GB (NMGB) and Nissan Japan, including the amazing gentleman who runs the global GT-R program, to beg borrow or steal the (only) GT-R50 for the club stand.

Guess what, not only have Nissan provided their mobile exhibition unit for the full weekend, but they have also confirmed the GT-R50 will take pride of place for the full weekend! You may have seen the sneak preview pics in its new colour scheme on Facebook etc from last weekend at Caffeine and Machine - the reason it was there is actually because it arrived early for the club celebrations so why not give it a couple of outings.

As if that isn’t enough excitement, we also have the new 2020 Nismo complete with new carbon roof, fenders, bonnet, new wheels, turbos etc etc etc 6 months before it’s available.

We genuinely can’t thank NMGB and Nissan Japan enough for all their help and support in arranging this. I am sure you can appreciate the logistics and commitment of getting such vehicles in the right place at the right time - and for the entire weekend.

We can’t wait to see you all there and come and join us for a cuppa, wander round the stand and watch the Parade lap on Saturday PM. It's the GT-R event of the year.

See you at the weekend – now we just hope the weather holds.
Thanks Rog.

I am in awe of the collaboration that has taken place between NMGB, Nissan Japan and the GTRDC Management. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Just can't wait to get to our stand and will probably be outside the Silverstone gates at 6.30 on Friday morning.

·
Premium Member
3,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Really important note folks - obviously the GT-RDC is the club stand and therefore (for Public Liability Insurance if nothing else) every single person expecting to attend and be on the stand and take part in the Parade Lap MUST be a current member.

I have flagged a couple of people who missed their renewal notice (it happens) and let them know. We will be checking memberships and apologies for being draconian but frankly I am not being sued because someone didn't pay £15 ;-).

We will be issusing Parade Lap numbers (to assign order) on Saturday AM and this will include your membership number.

To be absolutely clear - if you arrive and are not a GT-RDC member (we will be checking) people will not be allowed to be on the stand or take part in the parade lap.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts