GTR Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We all know that GTR is full of rattles...
A simple question...
Which rattles are normal and which ones are not normal and have to be fixed?
I wonder about one from behing (metal plates sound :banned:), when driving on bumpy roads, rattle is coming from down-behind...Is it normal and permanent or it is not normal and has to be fixed?
Which other rattles can I expect soon, or to which rattles I have to listen...
Thanx

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
My gearbox makes a awefull sound when driven backwards...klonk...something is wrong there for sure,but doesn´t matter,as i have warranty,if it breakes,they have to fix it:thumbsup:

·
Registered
570 Posts
I have a surprisingly rattle free car.

The only thing that rattles is the passenger seat belt clip that hits the seat back lever when the seat is in the wrong position. I reckon that is why they put a button to move the passenger seat near the driver :D

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a surprisingly rattle free car.

The only thing that rattles is the passenger seat belt clip that hits the seat back lever when the seat is in the wrong position. I reckon that is why they put a button to move the passenger seat near the driver :D
Hmm, maybe you should check your hearing instead of checking the car :D:D
Everyone who I was talking to admitted that GTR is full of rattling, I just wonder which rattling is normal and which is "something is broken" rattling...
It says even in the manuals that the GTR is full of strange sounds and that it is normal...

·
Registered
570 Posts
Hey, as long as I cant hear them I dont mind :D

I have plenty of mechanical noises, just no rattles.

I am pretty sure all mine are meant to be there.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey, as long as I cant hear them I dont mind :D

I have plenty of mechanical noises, just no rattles.

I am pretty sure all mine are meant to be there.
Hmmm, I guess I was thinking on the mechanical noises...
I actually don't know the difference between rattle and mechanical noise...
What I am hearing is mechanical noise/dinner metal plates sound on bumpy roads from the bottom backside of the car (I suppose gearbox)...
Is that normal or it has to be fixed?

·
Registered
570 Posts
I dont have that noise.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Had mine serviced the other day and it was probably the first time in months that I stood outside the car whilst it was running. I was quite surprised how loud the rattling is from - apparently - the clutch on the propshaft sending power to the front.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Not trying to be funny guys but this clunging and rattling is the transmission. If you are nit used to this sound get used to it as you find this with alot of track creative vehilces. I absolutely love the noise especially after a couple of hours when the tranny is hot. The rattles are in the cockpit around the dash and theleather around the the top of the MFD which is abit annoying but expected.

·
Registered
866 Posts
The noise I get is defo not the tranny, I get rattles from that and know what they sound like. The noise like the dinner plates I only get over bumps and was told it's the rear brakes, I find it hard to believe but the US forums say the same.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
The noise I get is defo not the tranny, I get rattles from that and know what they sound like. The noise like the dinner plates I only get over bumps and was told it's the rear brakes, I find it hard to believe but the US forums say the same.
Maybe tighten youre driveshafts...mine where loose,just found out this week,now all the rattle is away:thumbsup:

·
Registered
129 Posts
i have had the car for 4 months and no rattles, up to date it is still more quieter,comfortable and still feels more of a buzz than driving a 996 carrera.

·
Registered
866 Posts
With the amount of people that confirm the noises with the gearbox including the manual itself, I'd be more concerned if I didn't get any rattles.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts