GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where are all the pictures of your GT-R's in the snow? Oh such fun if not a tiny bit scary.

·
Registered
58 Posts
No probs at all been driving on ice and snow with the ice button no heart stopping moments,
(not quite true as i forgot to clean the snow off the lights which was fine till i got on the moor this morning at 7, cats eyes are fantastic as long as they were rattling the car i knew i was in the middle)

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I have left mine at home and taken the wife's Golf as it is cheaper to repair if anyone crashes into it. However, it won't be available tomorrow, so we did a little test of the GTR and GTI traction in the fresh snow and some packed snow/ice on our 60' roundabout and farm road. The GTR has considerably better traction and moves off up hill where the GTI gets stuck. Both corner and stop similarly.

The GTI has 225/40R18 Conti Sport Contact 3 tyres.

·
Registered
58 Posts

Not a very exciting one! lol...

I was surprised just how well it handles in the snow...

I had the snow button pressed down and it seem to use 4 wheel drive most the time! Then again don't think I went above MPH! lol

·
Registered
376 Posts
:D Here was the snowy nightmare I faced leaving work in Basingstoke at 2:30pm today - the snow was falling heavily and the place was gridlocked. I spent the next 5 hours getting from central Basingstoke to home (30 miles) - it took 4 of those hours to get from the office just to the M3!!!

As for the GTR, it behaved faultlessly - snow mode + comfort mode + VDC normal made pulling away on deep snow/ice/slopes/hills a doddle. I lost count how many cars I had to pull out and pass as they spun themselves to a standstill.

At one point there was a column of stranded cars with my GTR and a fellow Nissan Navara strolling past them like a walk in the park. Same when finally getting on to the M3, up the slip lane hill there was only me and a pickup using the the right hand 'snowy' lane :thumbsup:

In fact my only 'concern' was if I'd get to the Shell Fleet services to fill up with V-power, I shouldn't have worried - even after 5 hours driving in 1st and 2nd!

:D Astonishing performance and practical? Must be a GTR.... :clap::clap:

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts

Snap! lol... Heres Blackpool prom at 9.00am with the 'big one' in the distance!

I agree with bazza_g, faultless preformance... I was a lot more confident driving in the snow than I thought I would be.

·
Premium Member
1,092 Posts
Epic drive home from work in stupid amounts of snow - just got in at 11:25pm! All the main roads were stuffed so took the back roads, GTR is bloody brilliant - just everyone else getting in the way.

Loads of abandoned cars all over the place...some of the guys didn't even try to leave the car park.

At one point down a country lane hill thought I was going a bit to fast normal reaction is to brake to hard, but snow mode holds the gear and engine brakes so just take your foot off the brakes is the best way to drive.

Great car:D:clap:

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
I was on the M3 for 2 hours, worn bridgestones and fine

some of the other people were mad! 4x4 tearing down the hard shoulder while people were walking down it after abandoning their cars

a "lady" in a little car pulled from the outside lane to the inside to get off at fleet in one move trying to force me to brake hard so she could get it. Made other cars break hard in lane 2. When she had to pull in behind me, then put full beam on!

·
Registered
395 Posts
Got to say this is great post and gives me great relief to hear how good they handles in snow i have been doing everything to avoid using mine in the snow but now i think i will try it (carfully hehe). has anyone got stuck in the snow in a GTR r35 yet???

amazing pics buy the way peeps

·
Premium Member
7,641 Posts
Gutted!

Where is my snow in Liverpool?? Even Manchester Airport was closed due to heavy snow, but sunny Liverpool has had nowt!

I feel very, very left out.. :(

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I’m really jealous. We’ve not had enough to make it really fun. I left my 3 series day car and played a little with the GT-R. 3 series was completely hopeless. GT-R was fun but did lull me in to a false sense of security on one of our lanes…. but I put that down to physics.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.