GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

This is my first post having recently purchased a UK R34 GTR... very impressed with it as it is my first skyline and still learning bits and bobs about the car.

However, I wondered if anyone knew a safe maximum for the GT-SS turbos to run at? On high boost the dial guage on the computer is reading 1.29 Bar and the previous owner said it should be producing 480BHP. The car has a replacement N1 engine changed 20,000 miles ago with a mild tunning spec of a Power FC, larger cams, sport cat and Exhaust, up-rated spark plugs, air filter, fuel pump, head gasket and clutch all carried out at Abbey.

Basically I would like to know if A, the turbo's will stand any extra boost and B, if the engine and other components will? Obviously not looking for much more than 500bhp, but this information would be handy to know.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Fantastic car and welcome - I was half tempted back into Skyline ownership by that one!

I used to run my N1 engine with GT-SS at 1.2 bar normal and 1.4 bar for track / drag etc.

There was a significant difference between the two settings as well in terms of performance. Great set up for the road IMHO.

3,665 Posts
Limiting factor of that ca ris the Air flow meters , these are right on there limit at the boost level the cars is running.

You could fit a set of Nismo AFM,s have a remap and run around 1.3/1.4 bar boost but then the clutch may be on it limit.

Or switch to a De jetro system like the Power FC De-jetro or HKS F-con Pro.

Give me a ring to discuss if you want to 01883 732331 Ext 2

But please dont wind the boostup without any extra tuning.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nick MW said:
Fantastic car and welcome - I was half tempted back into Skyline ownership by that one!

I used to run my N1 engine with GT-SS at 1.2 bar normal and 1.4 bar for track / drag etc.

There was a significant difference between the two settings as well in terms of performance. Great set up for the road IMHO.
Thanks for the welcome and your comment Nick, I also think this set up is well suited to the road. What power was your engine with 1.4 bar and was your tunning a lot different to mine?

As I am currently satified with the power, no doubt I will get the urge to extract a bit more so it would be nice to know if my current engine spec warrents an increase in boost for the future!

If anybody has anymore comments who have a similar set up, before I speak to the professionals at Abbey?

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Mine made 461 at the hubs so somewhere around 535 at the fly and it was initially set up by Abbey with the PowerFC D-Jetro as suggested by Mark. I had all of the supporting mods, fuelling, induction, hard pipes, intercooler etc but fundamentally the same. Bono on here made about 480 at the hubs with a very similar setup but without the N1 block, but using the HKS F-Con Pro.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts