GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I've got at R34 GT-T and i'm curious about the traction control.

When I floor it (whether moving of from standstill) the wheels spin... even with the traction control on. Is this normal? A friend on mine thinks that it maybe there just to keep you in a straight line rather than cut spinning all together.

If that's not the case then some advise on fixing this would be great!

Thanks

Adam
R34 GT-T

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
It is pretty primative TBH - all it does is cut power if it detects too much difference in rolling speed from the rear wheels. It will allow a fair bit of sliding before it cuts in though :D

I used to turn it off all the time on mine as for me it just caused a problem every time it cut in.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So i'm guessing it's not working then as it seems to do nothing! The wheels will keep spinning until I come off the gas or it eventually finds grip!

Any idea on the problem? I'm hoping it's something cheap and easy like a fuse or something...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The slip light is always flashing, especially in this wet/icy weather! I suppose i've been expecting too much of it. My friend has it on his Vauxhall Vectra and it cuts all wheelspin as opposed to mine which lets the wheels spin as if it was off!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts