GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just thought id put a boost graph up of 2860-7's for anyones interest in running these turbos.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeh its an R32 with an R34 nurspec engine, 87mm pistons, PFC, nismo afms, nismo plenum.

rest is standard.

obviously that is Wheel bhp flywheel is 507.5

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
i was considering these turbo's, i imagined they could comftably make 520 bhp. Seeing as im already running 444bhp i dont think these would be the right choice!?

i really want some decent torquey, quick spooling tubo's that will see me good for over 500 bhp comftably. Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
i was considering these turbo's, i imagined they could comftably make 520 bhp. Seeing as im already running 444bhp i dont think these would be the right choice!?

i really want some decent torquey, quick spooling tubo's that will see me good for over 500 bhp comftably. Anyone have any ideas?
~550 bhp, go GTSS, more than that, 2530.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
these turbos are capable of running up to 600bhp clarky, im only running 1.25bar of boost AS YOU CAN CLEARLY SEE IN THE GRAPH!

THAT GRAPH IS WHEEL BHP AND BOOST PRESSURE!

and vennuth this is the same dyno run with torque vs flywheel bhp so yes it is 507.5

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
im not sure on the max boost pressure mate, tuner told me they are 600bhp max, im sure someone on here knows what the max pressure is.

but they spool up faster then the -5's but flow slightly less, a good choice in my opinion.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
these turbos are capable of running up to 600bhp clarky, im only running 1.25bar of boost AS YOU CAN CLEARLY SEE IN THE GRAPH!
You can see it fluctuating between 1.3 and 1.22

THAT GRAPH IS WHEEL BHP AND BOOST PRESSURE!
I am aware of that, hence why I corrected your miscalculations.

and vennuth this is the same dyno run with torque vs flywheel bhp so yes it is 507.5

Because a dyno operator calibrates it to show 507.5 that does not mean that it is true. Your transmission losses are not 130bhp. So far you have show that you are illiterate and naive.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
you corrected "my" miscalculations??. well i wasnt aware that i came up with those figures personally, the dyno dynamics RR came out with those figures so thats what they are, yes there may be fluctuations between different RR but thats what this one says the power is, i admit it is higher than the average tranny loss but as i said i did not come out with these figures myself, also the fact that 550cc injectors are running at 95% on this power backs up that it would be around 500bhp.

i am going to take it to another RR and compare the graphs, and im neither naive nor illiterate.

i only put this graph up to help people deciding on turbos, i was trying to be helpful, not get into a power debate. however you have just reminded me why i dont post much on here or try to help people as there is far too many idiots on here.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
mirage, you were very helpfull and have made me decide on these turbo's. This is the internet, ignore anyone who has a dig! its one big willy waving contest!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thanks clarky, at least it help someone hehe.

you wont be dissapointed with these turbo's and they wont brake the bank either. (around £1500)

·
Registered
498 Posts
Cant wait to get my car back as these are the turbos i have chosen, aiming for a little more than what you are showing, but I'm sure that considering I was at around 380fwhp anything over 500 is gonna be good:bowdown1:

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
you corrected "my" miscalculations??. well i wasnt aware that i came up with those figures personally, the dyno dynamics RR came out with those figures so thats what they are, yes there may be fluctuations between different RR but thats what this one says the power is, i admit it is higher than the average tranny loss but as i said i did not come out with these figures myself, also the fact that 550cc injectors are running at 95% on this power backs up that it would be around 500bhp.

i am going to take it to another RR and compare the graphs, and im neither naive nor illiterate.

i only put this graph up to help people deciding on turbos, i was trying to be helpful, not get into a power debate. however you have just reminded me why i dont post much on here or try to help people as there is far too many idiots on here.
I did not initiate a power debate, I simply pointed out that you do not suffer 130bhp transmission losses. You believe that you have 507bhp. Assuming that the ATW RR figure is accurate, you are wrong. ATW + 70bhp is a very solid estimate for ATF. I also am trying to help somebody, by telling him the facts. :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts