GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

woowoo!!! :squintdan

these babies will be mapped at 1.0, 1.2, 1.4 bar...and scramble boost at 1.6. Finally - turbos that can take what kind of air I want to push. Cantwaitcantwaitcantwait!!!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Arranging this group buy made my fingers sore! Glad its finally paying off! No sign of mine yet though and I'm going to Egypt tomorrow!

Ed

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Are these reconditioned units?

Rob

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
nope, brand new. It'll be a couple months before they're used in anger (engine break in and mapping will take some time), but I expect they'll knock me silly! I just hope they won't overwhelm the stock recirc BOVs...I really don't want to have to put in VTAs.

·
Registered
365 Posts
well done, there not going to fit in the GTR on ur window sill though!!!

i was initially in for the group buy but it was decieded selling the skyline was a better option currently. Glad the group buy seems to have gone ok though. fingers crossed for the rest of you

·
Registered
176 Posts
Iv'e just had these turbos (GT2860R-5s) fitted last week, and i'm very happy with them, positive boost starts at 2800rpm (according to some this is late) but i'm not bothered, (as i don't know about others but i never drive at less than 2800revs,) at 4000rpm i took three readings of boost which varied from 1.2 1.3 and 1.5 bar, i was previously running smaller turbos boosting at lower revs and making over 485 bhp atfw, but these turbos have more mid range and top end power, they are peaking at 1.6 bar, can't wait to up the boost in the summer.

PJ

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
when you had them fitted, did you put in an oil restrictor to the turbos, or did you just connect up the stock oil lines to the 2860s?

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Just for info, a set of HKS ST-SS delivered from Nengun was £1200. This included gaskets, copper washers, new manifold bolts, basically everything needed to fit them. I`ll think you`ll find the price advantage is not so great when you do a genuine like for like comparison.....

1 - 20 of 42 Posts