GTR Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi people,

In a very simplistic, everything else upto tasktic way, would a pair of 2871s part no.707160-10 be able to hit the 800hp or more?
greetings,

joe

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
the garrett gt2871s are rated to 400 bhp each. from what ive read on here with twin turbo set ups on rbs seems like they loose around 10 % so would mean these top out at a theoretical 720 bhp on a rb26dett.

·
Registered
720 Posts
maybe on race fuel 120octance @fly, but doubt it on pump fuel 99octane~ , guess max twins at 720 @flywheel

·
Registered
788 Posts
Im running these turbos(ported housings and manis) now on a 2.7 stroker miner headwork and stage 1 cams , car still waiting on being mapped .
Tuner told me to expect anything from 670 -700hp with my set up !!!!!!!

·
Registered
150 Posts
im thinking of trying this set up on my car. currently running a turbonetics t76, with some very aggressive cams, thinking of going down to twins for a bit of stealth...
let me know how the setup goes when tuned :D

·
Registered
788 Posts
im thinking of trying this set up on my car. currently running a turbonetics t76, with some very aggressive cams, thinking of going down to twins for a bit of stealth...
let me know how the setup goes when tuned :D
Will do mate !!!! Cars ready for mapping ,
Just getting someone good enough now to do it !!!!!.:(
Will hopefully have results shortly.

·
Registered
788 Posts
No graphs yet !!!!
Few other changes being done to the car at the moment ,
On the lookout for a good mapper .
So hopefully wont be too long.

·
Registered
771 Posts
im making 550awhp on -10s (i.e. 610rwhp)

what does this equate to in bhp figures? what % is lost in driveline?
i think im @ 700bhp!?

this is with a ported head & big cams, only on 23psi though

·
Registered
794 Posts
im making 550awhp on -10s (i.e. 610rwhp)

what does this equate to in bhp figures? what % is lost in driveline?
i think im @ 700bhp!?

this is with a ported head & big cams, only on 23psi though
yup i reckon 700 genuin.. at 2 bar it will be up there closing on 750+ matey! :clap:

·
Registered
771 Posts
thanks for the confirmation, my tuner advised i could achieve 500rwkw if i ran e85 which is a pump fuel here in aust but is limited, ron level is above 100. do u guys have access to e85 in uk/europe?

btw, im running pump 98

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
you'll need to get alcohol-proof fuel lines and maybe fuel pump as well to run E85. In the States, "flex-fuel" cars modified to run E85...just some fuel system changes and I believe a different ECU map.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts