GTR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys
Those of you that own GTC vented bonnets, is there much of an issue with water getting into the bay. The bonnets looks awesome but although my car lives in the garage I use it as my daily and up here in Newcastle it rains and snows in the summer never mind the winter lol.
Just wanted people opinions on there practicality really before I splash out on 1.

Cheers
John

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Can't see there being a problem with the vented bonnets water wise,
When your cars being driven in the rain the water will get every were under there anyway,
They will cool the engine compartment as well,
Think they look cool, would you leave it carbon finish or have it colour coded,
The reason I ask is if it's not a quality bonnet the sun discolours the clear coat,

Goldie

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can't see there being a problem with the vented bonnets water wise,
When your cars being driven in the rain the water will get every were under there anyway,
They will cool the engine compartment as well,
Think they look cool, would you leave it carbon finish or have it colour coded,
The reason I ask is if it's not a quality bonnet the sun discolours the clear coat,

Goldie
I'm more concerned about it being parked up. Not sure about the vent positions in relation to the engine and electrics. Not entirely sure about colour coding. If it was to be painted, I'd leave the vents carbon.

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
I've often wondered the same thing Hodge.

I would definitely colour code it but leave the vents exposed carbon though.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was totally set on leaving it all carbon. That is until I saw this picture. It look amazing.

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Because they do let some water in, I just wouldn't want to risk it. I have run one with no issues, even in the huge torrential rain we had back at Marham in 2011/12 or when ever it was. Doing 1-2k a year on my car, my daily sees 10-15 and parked outside all the time.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Because they do let some water in, I just wouldn't want to risk it. I have run one with no issues, even in the huge torrential rain we had back at Marham in 2011/12 or when ever it was. Doing 1-2k a year on my car, my daily sees 10-15 and parked outside all the time.
Your / this version has water guide/run off, more so than the race versions

But that said we discontinued this bonnet a couple years ago now

ben

·
Running 1308BHP @ hubs
293 Posts
I was totally set on leaving it all carbon. That is until I saw this picture. It look amazing.
I am very pleased with it, thanks for the comment :thumbsup:

Shame that GTC have discontinued it, I was fortunate enough to get KK's.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts