GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Had a GTC Titan Drag-R fitted quite a few weeks ago now. Y-pipe, mid-pipe and single exit tail section; beautifully crafted in titanium with carbon tips.

The redundant outlet has been bugging me so after a little digging finally came up with a product which would happily contour to the shape whilst maintaining sufficient rigidity. Got round to trimming up a panel to tidy the whole thing up yesterday.

I know the single exit solution is going to be a love it or hate it option but I'm very happy. Excuse the slightly dirty car!

·
Premium Member
2,205 Posts
You could have stuck a teddy in there and called it "scene" the vagists would have loved it lol

Looks good buddy

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You're not the first to have mentioned a "teddy"!!

Cheers :)

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
It looks disabled IE, missing something, not a fan of it either, but that's just my opinion .

Bobby

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know the 4 coke can esq tailpipes are part of the r35 look but for me they're a little too bling. If I'd stayed with a twin outlet then I'd definitely have gone with a carbon tip option to tone the whole thing down. Also, certainly as far as the standard pipes go, having relatively small pipes running into huge tips looks a bit halfords to me.

Certainly in terms of weight saving and performance the single outlet is the one to go for. Luckily for me I also like the look :)

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Tidy job fella, good choice of material and blends in well :thumbsup:
Cheers. David Buschur Racing in the States sell a delete panel but once you add on delivery costs, vat and duty it gets a little pricey for what is ultimately a sheet of carbon. Apparently it look David years to develop so he wasn't giving anything away (seriously lol!!). I found that a 0.4mm sheet works pretty well :)

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I've got a old caddy truck with mk3 golf gti engine, straight exhaust, it's ridiculously loud.

On a GTR I'd imagine you'll be breaking glass!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts