GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys just wondering, what advantage ill get from a GTC 90mm titan system (not with down pipes) i already have a Y pipe with my standard system.
Also, are k&n drop in air filters any good? Easy to fit?
Let me know if anyone has either of these, love to here your feedback
Thanks guys

·
Premium Member
824 Posts
GTC is a nice exhaust and loud. Would probably make a little over 10bhp. K&N filters dead easy, take the old ones out - drop the new ones in.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are the filters easy to get to bud?
Will the exhaust make much difference as i already have a Y pipe

·
Registered
269 Posts
Probably be better to get intake pipes and filters rather than drop-ins, in the long run if you're going to keep modding

·
Premium Member
824 Posts
Filters are really easy to put in, just a matter of unclipping the filter box lids, drop them in and reclip. I had a full Akapovic put on and as previously said it made a little over 10bhp difference. More bang for your buck would be to go to Stage 4 with downpipes.

·
Registered
808 Posts
I have a stage 4 car with GTC exhaust and downpipes, trust me you wont be dissapointed.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is the GTC going to offer my much more than my standard system with a Y pipe i have now? Other that being lighter and louder lol

·
Registered
754 Posts
Sam is your car mapped? I'm guessing not as you asked the question about deposits on the back of the car. Anyway, you'll get more performance, economy and lots of other benefits from something like an EcuTek remap and it'll let you take full advantage of your panel filters, Y-pipe and rear exhaust section if you decide to go for it.

As others have said, there's ~15BHP adding the rear section and panel filters to your Y-pipe, plus decent weight reduction - major gains are when you also remap.

Protegimus

·
Premium Member
2,080 Posts
If your goin for a full exhaust and panel filteres anremap would be good so you can get the most out of them.

Downpipes in my mind are a must, they release proper noise from the exhaust.

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
Sam, I'd rather see you being more precise in the reasons for your questions.

So, what exactly are you looking to achieve?

More noise?

More power?

Are you happy to remap your ecu to unlock that extra power?

How much modding are you comfortable doing?

Intakes? Injectors?

Answer these and we can answer you with more precision relative to your requirements.

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
Instead of going for the back box, I would spend my money on the downpipes.

My car is K&N panel filers (not the full intakes), Milltek downpipes, silenced ypipe, fuel injectors and an ECUTek remap. 612bhp before the new ECUTek software and remap, not had it on a dyno since.

IMO - dont see there being much difference if I were to replace my backbox and do a remap. Intakes and filters are the next bottleneck, not the backbox.

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
No to Down pipes if you want to track your car, yes if you want noise.

A good upgraded exhaust system (bigger 90 or 102mm) get the gasses away quicker and enhances Turbo spool up, K&N filters easy as chips ! Ecutek map to stage 2 and you***8217;re a good un !!

and no need to do injectors !!

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
No to Down pipes if you want to track your car, yes if you want noise.
Why?

A good upgraded exhaust system (bigger 90 or 102mm) get the gasses away quicker and enhances Turbo spool up...
still yet to see any evidence/proof of this and how much difference it actually makes.

and no need to do injectors !!
for what injectors cost, I like the peace of mind.... especially when you have to have the car mapped anyway.

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
Why ? I still have the ones in there and if tuned correctly - no problem, again ask Iain
Silenced ypipe is good enough for track days

Would prefer to see proof of the backbox and its improvement ;)

I agree, fuel injectors are not need, but for the price, it was not worth leaving them off. In fact I would have done it all in 1 step and skipped the 2nd remap if I had it all to do again.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts