GTR Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Can someone describe the noise difference with Cobb intakes, is it more growly? Got hoops on mine, will I really hear any engine note difference considering the exhaust noise ?

·
Registered
86 Posts
How did you guys manage to get the filter through that opening? I'm struggling here with a GTC kit with a Piper filter, just can't find a way to shove the filter down that hole. Not that tempted to remove the bumper nor do I have access to a lift at the moment... :confused:

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
They are a very tight fit! I released the studs holding the top edge of the bumper to the chassis, gives a couple of extra mm, buts makes all the difference:thumbsup:

Dave.

·
Premium Member
7,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Can someone describe the noise difference with Cobb intakes, is it more growly? Got hoops on mine, will I really hear any engine note difference considering the exhaust noise ?
With the stereo off I can usually hear some turbo spool. Not loud, rather classy imho.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Done! If there were jeans in as tight fit as this kit they would prevent blood circulation in your lower body :D

Actually, I think that cutting a few centimeters off from filter end of the pipes would make installing a lot easier. Connector pipe on the turbo side is also quite cramped and could use some more space, so cutting would help with that as well.

·
Premium Member
7,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
BUMP, would a mod mind making this a sticky as it works for most intakes...?!

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Thanks for the guides, video and write up were a big help.

I found the length of the pipes could do with being a few cm shorter to help make it an easier fit.

Total time it took me was a little over 1 and a half hours, thanks to the guide of course.

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Anyone fitted Japspeed intakes with K&N filters using this guide?
Also, can the cone filters be removed for cleaning without too much hassle? Comments/info welcome . (Still undecided whether 76 mm intakes worth the trouble).

·
Registered
267 Posts
CC . great write up and brilliant pictures, that's what this site needs more of. having driven rf05 car there seems to be a great power increase after this mod along with the injectors. may tackle this after doing the led rear marker smoke led.

·
Registered
5 Posts
A most excellent and brilliantly documented write up CC - can't see me doing it though as I like someone who knows vaugely what they are doing in my engine bay!!
I would have taken half the time had I had my guide. Some of the guides out there suggest you dismantle half your pipework, which frankly is just not necessary.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts