GTR Forum banner
21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Yeah I'm hoping 4+2 but a lot cheaper than Zele, then I'm in! :D

Are our rear lights LED? I seem to remember them strobing nicely on TG which would mean they are, but I might just have been imagining it...

·
Registered
852 Posts
Oooh I see whe are mingling with the new R35 owners now :D

By reading the topic title I already thought "This has to be in the R35 section??"

But then I went back to root and saw the chit chats are now merged! :eek:

How cozy!

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Put me down for one Ben!

It's identical in fitment to the Zele one, right? Plug and play not slice and splice? :thumbsup:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Confused ???

Ok the GTC kit is appx £184, the Zele is £240 .. however there is another option from MCR - MCR 4 Tail Light Harness as sold by tunerlab.jp (auth trader on here)

I've checked with the guys - the only obvious difference is that the MCR version is a cable, the others have a switch ... anything else different anybody ?? (I soo want the 4 light look !)

·
Premium Member
7,641 Posts
Zele kit comes with a step by step colour photo guide available on this forum posted by a really cool guy..........

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Doesn't the cheaper MCR kit require splicing wires? Sounds harder to do and harder to change back to stock if required.

Ben's is supposed to be as easy as the Zele kit, so following Charlie Charles' instructions, should be a cinch!
I've got my order in for one of his first units.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Ok the GTC kit is appx £184, the Zele is £240 .. however there is another option from MCR - MCR 4 Tail Light Harness as sold by tunerlab.jp (auth trader on here)

I've checked with the guys - the only obvious difference is that the MCR version is a cable, the others have a switch ... anything else different anybody ?? (I soo want the 4 light look !)

They ALL do the same thing. one is made in UK sold by a UK based vat reg trader who owns a UK GTR and is cheapest option. The other two are jap made, sold by jap based box movers and outside UK law should you need to return. Neither are even reconised as offical zele / mcr dealer, and they don't even come with English instructions.

Bear with us will be available v shortly, just case of making units now. loom and plug connectors took some time to manufacturer.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Doesn't the cheaper MCR kit require splicing wires? Sounds harder to do and harder to change back to stock if required.

Ben's is supposed to be as easy as the Zele kit, so following Charlie Charles' instructions, should be a cinch!
I've got my order in for one of his first units.
Hi David

Looking at the detail : http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/125861-mcr-4-tail-light-harness-kit-111-a.html

It's a plug to plug, no cutting, and £111 !

But hey Ben's looks good .. let 'ave em :)

21 - 40 of 57 Posts