GTR Forum banner
41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Hi David

Looking at the detail : http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/125861-mcr-4-tail-light-harness-kit-111-a.html

It's a plug to plug, no cutting, and £111 !

But hey Ben's looks good .. let 'ave em :)

I know we drive £55-60k cars, and these things have to be developed and sold to a smallish market, but seriously, £111 for some plastic connectors and wires?! :eek:

Not quite up there with the LED DRL's or the CF Car Mats, but on the list of 'GTR Tax' products for me. :bawling: The fact that you reckon £111 is a good price shows that we're pretty accepting of getting bent over!

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
I know we drive £55-60k cars, and these things have to be developed and sold to a smallish market, but seriously, £111 for some plastic connectors and wires?! :eek:

Not quite up there with the LED DRL's or the CF Car Mats, but on the list of 'GTR Tax' products for me. :bawling: The fact that you reckon £111 is a good price shows that we're pretty accepting of getting bent over!
I agree with you on the LEDs and CF car mats, but in general the cost of a product is determined by more than just the cost of the materials used to make it you know...

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
I agree with you on the LEDs and CF car mats, but in general the cost of a product is determined by more than just the cost of the materials used to make it you know...
If you read the post of mine you quoted, i did allude to the development costs for a small market. Although saying that, what development costs would there really be for the MCR kit? Time?

It's a bit like in my industry. Pressure mats are sold for £40-200! You can buy the 2 bits to put together in Maplins (not even wholesale) for about £10, and do it yourself. As it's my business, i know what i prefer to do, but lots of managers of the big corporates happily spend £200 on the same item, because they don't know better and some don't care.

I reckon there's an opportunity for someone to put the bits together in the UK (or outsource to China), price them more reasonably and ship them out in decent numbers to make the process worthwhile. They'll soon become as ubiquitous as Blacklines on E90 BMW's.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Can't believe you think thats a good deal, you still need to buy the unit part of their kit as well which makes most expensive of the lot !
Now that makes sense!! I was wondering why Zele and the unit you've developed needed a control unit. But i guess the key is in reading "harness". Doh!

Ta for the clarification Ben.

PS - any idea about a 4 light / 4 brake light kit? Is it possible / in the pipeline?

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Looks like the GT-R used in the article on Abu Dhabi's F1 circuit in Top Gear magazine this month has had a kit fitted. Check out the pic on page 131.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
just checking hope there's no one i've forgot to get back to on this thread ? (except Dave Y, away at ring)

Thanks for everyone's patience much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
8,835 Posts
Just a shame it's not a $ brake light kit as well as a 4 light kit !!! or can someone do that ?

·
Premium Member
8,835 Posts
Hi Ben

Yes, I am looking for a 4 brake light kit and a 4 light kit as opposed to the Zele kit which only puts the 4 lghts on uner side light and light conditions instead of 2. It would be nice to have all 4 BRAKE ights on when breaking as it looks so f'in great !

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
I hope you didn't rely on Royal Mail to get them to customers Ben! :runaway:

Quite a few of the Euro boys had a 4 light kit fitted and of course Kislik's is a US import so lights up all 4 anyway.

Must say, it does look far better.

My front LEDs do a great job of clearing traffic out of my way on the autobahns too (or was that my 100km/h closing speed? :D )!

·
Premium Member
8,835 Posts
Only a 100km/h ???

Who wrapping your car David ? See I told you grey is boring !! LOL

·
Registered
14 Posts
gtc light kit

hi mate how do i go about ordering one of the light ?? could you call me about it on 07854804353

cheers ryan

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Can't believe you think thats a good deal, you still need to buy the unit part of their kit as well which makes most expensive of the lot !
I know this was posted ages ago, but I wanted to correct this statement, the MCR kit DOES contain all that is needed to light up all 4 lights as in the MCR thread.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts