GTR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi

I want to fit a r34 front bumper on a volvo s60r, but i don't know if it fit's at all, so if i could get some help from one of you with gtr34's to measure this for me.

i need to know measures like:

-distance between headlights.

-height (top of bumper over gtr emblem to bottom of bumper)

-height (from buttom headlights to bottom bumper)

-depth (from front end of bumper to wheel)

if some one could provide me with this information it would help me alot

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
the simple answer is that it wont fit in standard form so measurments to you wont mean jack all.

If you want to make one fit you will need to purchase one and then cut it into 4 quarters. From this point you can make it fit with some fibreglass work etc. Not for the diy person tho.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
in a word no. Why they hell would you want to fit a GTR bumper to a volvo anyways?? You trying to make a volvo look like a GTR? This thread is pointless!:blahblah::chairshot

·
Premium Member
4,447 Posts
Well Im always being told my stagea looks like a volvo ................

Presuming this is a genuine post I will try to be helpful ...DONT BOTHER TO EVEN THINK ABOUT THE IDEA.

As someone who has gone into this conversion in serious detail the measurements you have asked for wont mean a thing - they are less than half the story .
Most of them are the aesthetic ones . Infact the kit can end wherever it likes at the front of the car but first it has to bolt to the car at the back.
To do this the distance from front door to wheel center and height of the rear wing at the point it meets the bulkhead (and the bottom of the door) need to be spot on or the kit cant be bolted to the car at all ( so what the front looks like hardly matters)

And the chance of the wings lining up height and rake wise are extremely slim at best in terms of bolting them on to the volvo inner wings - they are not GTR wings but ones specially made by MASA to bolt to the stagea inner wings which have the same basic chassis and wheelbase

Then theres all the brackets (over a dozen) again specifically made by MASA to fit the stagea and .................etc

But on the bright side if you like the GTR front you could sell the Volvo and buy a stagea with the conversion done .
Then of course you will get a lot more tuning potentail as well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The thing is, i live in norway. And if i could i would bye a skyline. But the thing is skyline, and aspecially gtr34 is for some reason illigale on the road. And yes i got the idea from the staega convertion. But i don't want a station wagon. And i Think that if it's done right it could be looking good

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That is a fact, for some reason they are illegal. I don't know the reason. Cause ferrari's, lamborgini's and so on is legal, and they have more horsepowerthan skylines. And just to import one it will cost 1000000 norwegian kroner, thats 150 000 pounds

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
But the reason i posted this thread where to Get some help. Not to defend why i want to do this, and there are no details on the net. So could some body pleace give me the height of the bumper atleast. That is the most critical size. If it's too high, i have too raise the Volvo suspension, and then it's no point. So please help me

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.