GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Banned
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys After three weeks of searching ive just aquired a GTR-34 VspecII Nur
Its pearl white, has some minor mods done already, 20 000kms on the clock, 2002 Model

i think turbos have been changed brand and model not mentioned
Trust 264Degree Cam,
Gt Tail not sure what it is,
Potenza Tires running on original nissan skyline Rims,
Nismo Aero Kit Front lip, side skirts and Tail Feet,
Titanium Exhaust not sure on brand as well,
Hks Evc
Hks F-con
Arc not sure what but could be heat plate or radiator or Intake or catch can.

Sounds like it was midly tuned though the auction sheet mentions something about turbos being changed as well, any ways Apart from the information ive read and heard this car has N1 engine, N1 downpipe, N1 Oil Pump, N1 water pump, N1 Hardened and strengthened Block.....

What more advice could you guys give me for details regarding this particular model of car and engine, what are the internals max rated Bhp, what should i look out for when it arrives and what advice could you give me??
I was thinking of upgrading the Computer box to the nismo computer box ? is there a way of flashing it ??
or do i have to buy one or trade mine in?

Thanks in Advance all you skyline lovers .
Adam

·
Registered
8,548 Posts
I was thinking of upgrading the Computer box to the nismo computer box ? is there a way of flashing it ??
or do i have to buy one or trade mine in?
Hi and welcome to thew forum Adam. I'm sure you will be very pleased with your purchase. i take it by 'computer' you mean the Multi Function Display(MFD) on the dash and not the ECU. I say this because I see you have an F-con and to rip that out in favour of something else would be a bit hasty unless it was something MEGA!.
If you meant MFD I believe that its just a software change and not hardware so you can keep your screen and all the gubbins. I have the NISMO catalogue which describes it but unfortunately I cant read Japanese (Yet!!)

Regards,

Scott
aka TT

·
6,821 Posts
Welcome mate, where abouts do you live? Ill come wash it:chuckle:
. . . L-3941 Mondercange-Luxembourg . .you can come Sunday morning, if you can finish until after lunch . .:chuckle: :chuckle:

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
GT Tail is probably the GT500 Style Nismo LED tail lamps

Nismo upgrade for the MFD consists of 2 new circuit boards, new boost sensor, RS232 cable, and software.

You can do this as a a DIY job, by taking apart your MFD, and swapping the circuit boards, and boost sensor. Bear in mind you will have to set it up. Details of this can be found on here.

Be sure to post some pics up once you get it

·
Banned
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Some pics if they are going to upload from japan

Hi guys im not sure how to post the pics here ??
These pictures if they will work are from japan from another company which advertised it .
Any ways looks like i dunno how to do this im not so good with forums?
So how would i upload a nice emblem of the Nismo sign to my ecu so that it shows on my Dash display like the other skylines that i have seen??
What other tips and tricks are there for the fanatics like me that know about computers and making RS232 cables and where can i get the software from this would be great if you guys could help with this kind of stuff.

PS how do i know what that thing on the dash is for ?? and what that box is by the clutch pedal just under the steering wheel??
In the picture that is ?

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
Hi guys im not sure how to post the pics here ??
These pictures if they will work are from japan from another company which advertised it .
Any ways looks like i dunno how to do this im not so good with forums?
So how would i upload a nice emblem of the Nismo sign to my ecu so that it shows on my Dash display like the other skylines that i have seen??
What other tips and tricks are there for the fanatics like me that know about computers and making RS232 cables and where can i get the software from this would be great if you guys could help with this kind of stuff.

PS how do i know what that thing on the dash is for ?? and what that box is by the clutch pedal just under the steering wheel??
In the picture that is ?
AFAIK, and i'm pretty sure there is no other way to upload the "Nismo" logo for the MFD, without installing the Nismo upgrade. It's just all the other R34's you've seen have all Nismo upgardes!!! Bad luck!!!

Like Blowdog has mentioned, there was someone on here who was trying to convert/translate the software into English. The RS232 cable comes with the Nismo upgrade, so no worries there, and again AFAIK, there is no way you can install a RS232 port on the MFD side, as again this is built into the new Nismo circuit board.

·
6,821 Posts
Superbe choice mate . . . love the idea of the front Nur-emblem on the splitter.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
The little button below the shift lever is the lap-timer button for the MFD - so it looks like you already have the Nismo MFD v2 upgrade fitted to the car.

Also, the 'thing' on the dash under the MFD is the display unit from an HKS EVC boost controller - you can just see the control unit for it through the steering wheel under the dash near the clutch pedal.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts