21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,631 Posts
Another restful night's sleep Hazza??

·
Registered
833 Posts
Yep !! 2 on the trot now. I'm cautiously optimistic that the cause is my antiquated thermostat which I've never been able to work properly.

However, I have a cold family ! Im going to wait till Sunday before I class it as solved though.

One question though - if it is my wireless thermostat - will getting a new one just cause me the same problem ? Or should a newer one not spew out as many neutrons to screw with my cars mojo? (note - may not be the correct technical terms)

·
Premium Member
7,631 Posts
Good question mate.

I'd imagine newer units should be a cleaner RF source. I've used these on my house with no issues.

Previously used a Drayton RF3 (think it's discontinued) and we now have a Honeywell unit which is quite cool and upgradeable to control radiator valves etc

here

Low neutron mojo-affecting output I believe.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Cool - I like the look of something like that cheers. If it makes it through to Sunday then a new thermostat it is.

I guess it may explain why the HPC couldn't see the trigger history - if it was just neutrons it may not have been a standard trigger (i.e a movement sensor) and failed to log ???

Cheers for your help so far - much appreciated.

I'll update the thread with anything relavent over the next few days.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Just a quick update and a question- the alarm hasn't gone off since I took the batteries out of my thermostat so I'm pretty happy that's the cause. The problem now is I parked outside my mates house the other night and the alarm went off which I reckon was caused by his wireless thermostat .

My initial thought was my thermostat was just old and knackered and I'd just buy a new one but i, as it seems, any thermostat could set it off should I be looking to take it in to an nhpc due to a faulty alarm thingamibob ?

·
Registered
91 Posts
mine is parked on the street (drive no good for GTR front spoiler) and nowhere near any radio or electrical interference - front gardens quite long to the street as well as detached housing, with a little distance between houses. so proximity to interference is limited.

i get the alarm going off randomly. including a most recent one where it didnt make a siren type noise, just a peeeeeeeeeeeeeee type sound.

I spoke to my dealer, to ask them to investigate, etc, and they said they would just swap out the whole alarm unit under warranty to keep it simple.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Thanks for the reply Triqe - mine has made the peeeeeeeeeeeeee sound too once but not recently.

I'm going to try and get the NHPC to replace it - which NHPC is it you're getting to replace the alarm out of interest (feel free t PM me if you don;t want to put it here)

Cheers

·
Vendor
490 Posts
In my experience, the GTR alarm is very susceptible to voltage drop, seen a few cars with various issues from randomly going off, to not disarming and having to drive the car for 10 mins with it going off before it charges and disarms.
Might be worth trying a battery conditioner/trickle charger or getting the battery checked out (especially on earlier cars).

·
Registered
833 Posts
right, a quick and hopefully final update to this. My alarm started going off at night again even after the batteries were out of the my wireless thermostat transmitter so I took it back to Birmingham NHPC as it was still just under warranty. They checked the recent triggers and could see it was from intereference (not by someone interfering with the vehicle but electrical/non physical)rather than one of the sensors tripping. They spoke to Nissan who authorised a replacment siren(?) which contains the bit that is relevant to that problem. I then took the car home and on the second night it went off again!! Arrghhhh!.

So, I recently had my boiler serviced and got my plumber to remove the receiver component from the boiler as this used to flash like billy-o all the time and figured that may also be a culprit as I was sure the problem was linked to the wireless thermostat in some way.

Anyway, since then the alrams not triggered once - I'm not saying it's definately solved but seems positive so far. So, if you're experiencing the same thing it may be worth checking your wireless thermostat. I'll re-update if the problem returns.

·
Registered
59 Posts
The alarm on my 2009 car has an annoying habit of going off for no reason in the middle of the night when its parked in the garage. The car also has the Nissan Cobra system fitted.

The dealer hasn't been able to find a fault but it goes off every 2-3 months. Has anyone else had this issue and fixed it ?
Intermittantly going off. possibly the control unit. It's built in to the siren. All ok after replacing

·
Registered
439 Posts
This is old thread. I am having the same issue, wonder anyone fix it ? Really need help. As it always going off on midnight. make me scare.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts