GTR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

In the next couple of weeks I’m finally putting a deposit on a GTR, was supposed to be earlier but due to covid, its been delayed until now.

Im really looking forward to it and really excited, I’ve not had second thought at all.
but whiles in lockdown, I’ve just been trying to look for an alternative to the GTR.

And tbh I find it really hard to find any that I personally like. I’m no expert in cars, so maybe I’ve may have missed some out, but my criteria are:

Coupe (2 doors)
Rear seat (enough for 4”6-7)
Decent boot space
Similar price point (or lower)
NOT German (currently have a German car, but will be giving to GF)
New or used (no older than 5 years)

The other cars I’ve looked at are the
Lexus RCF or LC
Ford Mustang
Used Bentley Continental

Are there any other alternative?

·
Registered
148 Posts
There is no alternative- even after 10 years! Thats why I'm on my 4th and still tempted by another. Sorry.

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
Maserati Granturismo is a credible alternative. Sound great, look great, drives great and has plenty of space........but performance wise it's no GT-R.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maserati Granturismo is a credible alternative. Sound great, look great, drives great and has plenty of space........but performance wise it's no GT-R.
Not the biggest fan of Maserati, and can’t really see myself in that 😔

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What are the toyota supra's like? I've never read anything much about them
I was quite looking forward to the new Supra, And then Realised it’s essentially it’s an Z4 and only has 2 seats.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My other concern is that even with the facelift n upgrade interior it’s essentially an 10+ car.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Mate the GTR is not about creature comforts its about raw speed and handling, thats what you get for your money. If your wanting all mod cons i suggest you look elsewhere.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Ruling out the germans and setting the pricepoint makes it hard to find good competition tbh. Personally I recently sold ny MY15 GT-R and was thinking about getting a MY17+ but I just don't know anymore. Like you say the engine and transmission is 10 yr old tech.
Tesla Model S P100D might be an option, not 2-door though...
Perhaps an Aston Martin? Not sure how expensive those are in the UK.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ruling out the germans and setting the pricepoint makes it hard to find good competition tbh. Personally I recently sold ny MY15 GT-R and was thinking about getting a MY17+ but I just don't know anymore. Like you say the engine and transmission is 10 yr old tech.
Tesla Model S P100D might be an option, not 2-door though...
Perhaps an Aston Martin? Not sure how expensive those are in the UK.
my sister has a Tesla model 3, never driven it, but sat in it a few times.... not against it, but not really my cup of tea, and unfortunately I live in a flat with no charging point nearby at the mom.

Unfortunately the AM I want is not quite in my budget... I currently have a Merc and really don’t want Or like another German car, GTR has always been the car I really set my mind on.

·
Registered
148 Posts
My son has recent experience of buying a Tesla. Sat with salesman and specified model and options, and told delivery would be 4 months. 4 months later got a call saying your cars here.... except although it was the model they wanted it wasnt the colour or the option spec they ordered. When he complained he was told "take it or leave it". They would let him place a new order but another 4 months to delivery and dealer wouldn't guarantee it would be the spec they wanted. New definition of Customer Service from Elon Musk...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My son has recent experience of buying a Tesla. Sat with salesman and specified model and options, and told delivery would be 4 months. 4 months later got a call saying your cars here.... except although it was the model they wanted it wasnt the colour or the option spec they ordered. When he complained he was told "take it or leave it". They would let him place a new order but another 4 months to delivery and dealer wouldn't guarantee it would be the spec they wanted. New definition of Customer Service from Elon Musk...
really? I went with my sister and her husband when she ordered the car, the service I thought was excellent, really friendly and honest, definitely better than My experience in Merc😡, hence I won’t buy Germans again

·
Registered
148 Posts
I've test driven one of the Lexii you mention (but cant remember which one!). The V8 made a lovely noise but I wasnt sure I needed so many forward gears!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts