GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gents, am looking to place an order for a GTR for delivery next year. Had a demo last weekend and was very impressed. Engine, gearbox, brakes, handling all very impressive but I'd like to know from owners who use their's daily what they're like to live with? I found this difficult to guage from a 25 minute demo / blast. I've read that the ride is very stiff but found it to be ok so this isnt a concern. I suppose what I want to really know is can you just jump in and go or are there sacrifices made for all that performance? It seemed pretty competant to be honest but just looking for some feedback from owners. Cheers.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I use mine nearly every day and that is purely because I love driving it. It's not too harsh for me in comf mode and it's not too heavy on fuel. The seats are a little hard but not over the top. Best bits are of course, you have a boot to do shopping, you can get in and out easy enough and it will trundle along a t 30 - 40 without being too hard core. None of the above you will get with a Ferrari.

And when the mood takes you, RRR and HOLY SHIT!!.

Love it.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I'm using mine pretty much daily for all sorts - from driving to local station, to popping to shops, to 500-mile haul to Manchester and back. It suits everything :)

Very easy to jump in, leave in auto, stick suspension in Comfort and just potter around...

... or leave the same way and run several hundred miles on the motorway (where I'm averaging around 26-27 mpg, cruising 'around 70'!)...

... or flip into 3Rs and go banzai on the first decent A/B road you find.

For me it really is a runaround / cruiser / thrillseeker - a genuine every day car.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Agree, lovely car as daily driver (if you don't put passengers in the rear.

·
Registered
28 Posts
will77, what is your daily usage, types of road, mileage, importantly were is it going to be parked, I use mine daily, cover about 25 miles commute in the morning, A road, motorway, B road blast, and then parked saftly at my place of work and i have to say car is perfect for everyday use. Have taken kids to school, completed a track day and collected some shopping on the way home ALL ON THE SAME DAY..........its just perfect SIMPLES. Now covered 4,300 miles and collected it on the 23rd May, my main problem is keeping the mileage down to 12,000 miles per annum!

·
Premium Member
7,640 Posts
Yep, utter agreement from me.

I commute daily in mine, 30 mile round trip, nice mixture of roads. Always use Manual, never have it in comfort and it's a breeze to drive and live with.

Then when the need arises, just drop a gear and you're flying.

Simply put, there is nothing out there that I would swap my GTR for.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Agreed - I have put 2500 miles on mine in 6 weeks - my work is a 15 mile round trip but I cannot stop driving it.

Best everyday car you could ever own.

Kp

·
Registered
26,138 Posts
Agreed - I have put 2500 miles on mine in 6 weeks - my work is a 15 mile round trip but I cannot stop driving it.

Best everyday car you could ever own.

Kp
pft, youve never owned a 34 ;)

Seriously though it seems that the vast majority of you are enjoying it :)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Bought mine as to be a garage queen like the 360 but I cant stop driving it!! 4100 miles in 8 weeks, it really is a car that can suit many tasks, its comfortable to cruise about in, I can take the kids to school, take the Mrs shopping & obviously go for a 'balls out' blast when the mood takes me..
It truly is MAGNIFICENT!!
If my wife was like the GTR, she'd cook like Delia, look like Angelina & go like Linda Lovelace :D

·
Registered
765 Posts
Bought mine as to be a garage queen like the 360 but I cant stop driving it!! 4100 miles in 8 weeks, it really is a car that can suit many tasks, its comfortable to cruise about in, I can take the kids to school, take the Mrs shopping & obviously go for a 'balls out' blast when the mood takes me..
It truly is MAGNIFICENT!!
If my wife was like the GTR, she'd cook like Delia, look like Angelina & go like Linda Lovelace :D
What he said +1 :thumbsup: (oh except can I substitute Megan Fox for Angelina and Jenna Jameson for Linda Lovelace, TA).

Seriously though, the MOST versatile supercar there is, period.

·
Registered
816 Posts
When i get to use mine, it's just tony the tiger!! no matter how you use it, though in just under 500 miles i've done so far, i have had a new trye and yesterday i was a little naughty and m nice clean licence is now a little bit not so clean! :eek:

But for every day use i'd give it the :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the replies chaps. Sounds as I expected to be honest, easy to use as a daily. What I'd expect from a Japanese supercar. A few have mentioned comfort mode which i think the majority of my demo the car was in and was fine for me. Nissan Nige, I do around 10 mile commute each way to the office which has secure, gated parking so no worries there. The roads are twisties which the GTR should enojy :D Annual mileage is probably around 8 k per year which isnt too bad. I suppose the next question to ask is which colour is fastest?!?! I'm leaning towards gun metal grey, looks nice in white but i've been there, done that (RS4) and Black is out because its a sod to keep looking nice. Also is it worth going for Black edition? Not fussed about red inserts and black roof lining but do like the darker finish on the alloys.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
DONE!! Gun metal grey black edition ordered for march / april delivery :D Thanks for all the positive replies.........roll on 2010!

·
Registered
128 Posts
DONE!! Gun metal grey black edition ordered for march / april delivery :D Thanks for all the positive replies.........roll on 2010!
Ditto on that estimated delivery date. Ordered mine start of July from WLMG (same combination wSat Nav). Would be interested to know if you hear anything more regarding delivery date.. also Tax in March 2010 is £405 and in April its £950 for the first year.

Fingers crossed for a more March than April delivery!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Gents, am looking to place an order for a GTR for delivery next year. Had a demo last weekend and was very impressed. Engine, gearbox, brakes, handling all very impressive but I'd like to know from owners who use their's daily what they're like to live with? I found this difficult to guage from a 25 minute demo / blast. I've read that the ride is very stiff but found it to be ok so this isnt a concern. I suppose what I want to really know is can you just jump in and go or are there sacrifices made for all that performance? It seemed pretty competant to be honest but just looking for some feedback from owners. Cheers.
I was doubting whether to take the BMW 530 or the GT-R for driving down from Madrid to Southern Spain and using as local transport - finally decided to take GT-R- have done around 700 km so far- no complaints from the wife. Boot was able to take her large suitcase + another 4 or 5 bags- amazing!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Got my Black Edition 2 weeks ago and found it to be perfect for everyday use. The only thing i havent done yet is the school run but that will be a breeze.

My Wife loves driving it too but the only problem she finds is that a lot of people tend to look at the car so she is constantly feeling watched when she pulls away and is scared to mess up, stall or kerb it etc.

Sort of the feeling you have when you are teeing off in front of a crowd of people on a golf society day i suppose!!

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I ordered one with the intention of using it as an everyday car. My other option was to spend ££ on my current car and while that would make it very fast an fun etc. There would/are be times when I just want to sit an eat the miles up and a highly tuned car with a racing clutch etc can be a bit too much.

I like the GTR for the fact you can set it for your mood!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts