GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1989 R32 GTR Power FC (base map/settings) 800 cc sard injectors.

I am wraping up a two year buildup, fuel pressure is not adj yet.

I have been trying to adjust the timing of my gtr after a buildup. Idle is eratic so i unplugged the acc and adusted the idle screw to get the idle roughly around 950 + or - 10 rpm. then i hook up a Innova timing light to the 1st cyl loop by the ignition module at back of cam cover. it looks as if the timing is at 45-50 deg btdc. what am i doing wrong. i will try to run a spark lead from the coil to plug and attempt that way. any other ideas. duz PFC make any changes to takeing a base timing reading? also between full LH and RH actuation of the CAS it only adjusts between 30 deg btdc and 50 deg btdc on crank.

I have 800cc sard injectors, should i expect to have a slight stumble at idle with these injectors. (Base fuel press no adj yet, timing not spot on but not off by much either, PFC running on base map). stumble is not present off idle

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
There can be significant difficulty in getting the timing light to correctly pick up the timing pulse.

If you are using a snap on light leave the pickup clamp open.

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
Remove coil 1 and fit a short HT lead between the coil and the plug. The clip the timing light around the HT lead. This will give you an accurate reading.

Like Hugh said, the pickup wire doesn't work correctly exept with the Nissan timing light.

·
Registered
296 Posts
A snap-on light will work great if you leave the pickup open around the lead.

What is your high idle problem?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts