GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Love the pics with the wheels off, wow that's obsessive cleaning, fair play. :)

Just out of curiosity, is it just the car or do you clean the house like that too? :)

The ony drawback to doing all that though, I find, is that you never want to drive it in UK weather.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's never been out in the rain or seen salt and it's staying that way.
Yes the house is the same I had a new kitchen fitted a year ago and only used the cooker a few months back. ;) and I wax the tiles in the bathroom to get a nice shine on them ;).

Yes the clay bars are worth doing get the paint work glass smooth

·
Registered
941 Posts
Never been out in the rain? guess you've not used it much lately then ;)
I remember the happy times before having our son when I could spend hours doing something like that (although to be fair I never got to the stage of removing the wheels).
Happy days...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Never been out in the rain? guess you've not used it much lately then ;)
I remember the happy times before having our son when I could spend hours doing something like that (although to be fair I never got to the stage of removing the wheels).
Happy days...
No not a great deal but we have had one or two nice days

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Looks absolutely lovely mate :thumbsup:

I'm a fellow clean freak, both with the car and house lol. I don't have kids and my OCD has meant that friends are too scared to come over with theirs in case they dirty anything lol.

However with the GT-R there is no way I could stop using it because of the weather. Your missing some fun mate, as they are proper lively in the wet ;)

I just give her a good detail whenever possible. Sometimes it breaks my heart as I roll a sparkly freshly detailed car out into the rain, but that quickly fades once she gets warmed up :D

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Looking good.....cant beat a nice clean GT-R:thumbsup: Been known to be a bit OCD myself and have the same issue with the house as Saucy.....people don't want to come over to mine also :chuckle:

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Very nice :thumbsup:

Need to get a jack for mine so I can do a wheels off clean too.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
However with the GT-R there is no way I could stop using it because of the weather. Your missing some fun mate, as they are proper lively in the wet ;)
Very true that. It's gonna be a long, hot beautiful summer, oh yes it is, but the consolation with all this dire rain is that the car is great fun, but you might say not for the faint of heart :)

·
Premium Member
824 Posts
Looks the nuts, fantastic effort there fella! :thumbsup: Mines the same colour, its very satisfying after all the elbow grease but what I find disheartening is a quick blast down the road and the back end is covered again

·
Premium Member
3,384 Posts
It's never been out in the rain or seen salt and it's staying that way.
Yes the house is the same I had a new kitchen fitted a year ago and only used the cooker a few months back. ;) and I wax the tiles in the bathroom to get a nice shine on them ;).

Yes the clay bars are worth doing get the paint work glass smooth
Spen, I'm getting a bit worried you are turning into the MLR EvoGeof of the GTR forum. :D ignore the weather and get out and use it on the roads just like Saucy.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
:chuckle: evogeof (that reminds me I must go polish the tiles in the bathroom)

I hate getting it dirty I was the same with the Evo and GT3:D

It's such a low mileage car and that clean I don't want to spoil it.

And if you use them when ever you want you get bored of them and start looking for something else.

I do use it I have done 2.5k since I bought it :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
3,733 Posts
:chuckle: evogeof (that reminds me I must go polish the tiles in the bathroom)

I hate getting it dirty I was the same with the Evo and GT3:D

It's such a low mileage car and that clean I don't want to spoil it.

And if you use them when ever you want you get bored of them and start looking for something else.

I do use it I have done 2.5k since I bought it :thumbsup:
Looks fab mate! Have you got that pic of ours randomly in that car park kicking about?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts