GTR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is starting to do my head in. It triggers a security alert when the car is locked, stationary and in the garage! Three times this week,( 10 alerts in total in 3 months) and normally between 6.30 and 7 am! Anyone else having problems??

Apparently, Cobra can reprogram it but only when I'm at home, in the car and when thier customer services dept is open (ie not during the normal working week). I'll try to get this done on Saturday and report back, but if I could find the bleedin' tracker I'd rip it out at the moment...

Regards

Rod

·
Registered
290 Posts
Personally went down the Tracker route..........Did not like the idea of only a GPS signal which can be blocked by a £35 piece of kit from ebay.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
An update. After complaining to Cobra they sent their installer round. Turns out it was wired up incorrectly by Marshalls so that the tracker thought the car was being driven when it was in the garage! Hence the 5 calls per week when it was in said garage...

Has now been rewired by Cobra and no further problems. Well done the HPC!!:chairshot

·
Premium Member
7,641 Posts
An update. After complaining to Cobra they sent their installer round. Turns out it was wired up incorrectly by Marshalls so that the tracker thought the car was being driven when it was in the garage! Hence the 5 calls per week when it was in said garage...

Has now been rewired by Cobra and no further problems. Well done the HPC!!:chairshot
So much for the HPC spouted BS about this unit being the OEM tracker with perfect fitment and being warranty friendly.

Glad I went with my Tracker system :)

·
Premium Member
7,641 Posts
Nightmare buddy.

Just a suggestion, but it might be useful if you could post your experiences with a flat battery in the Technical/Maintenance forum.

I'm sure any issues you run into, and how you solve them would be a godsend to some as time goes by.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts