GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got back from the show a few hours ago. Was stuck in traffic for a good 3 hours....but worth every minute!!:D
Obviously as a true GTR fanatic my first stop was at the Nissan stand and straight to the appropriate section where the GTR concept and the Z were on show. I was very surprised at the crowds the GTR was drawing in. It took me around 10 minutes of pushing and shoving to finally get a front line position to the presentation they run every 15 minutes or so. I managed to snap quite a few good pictures of the new R....as well as 2 movies of it going round(wow exciting:rolleyes: !)

Anyway I have to say that in the flesh it just looks superb! I was able to get a good look at every minute detail from the rear diffuser incorporating the 2 tail pipes to the rather extreme looking interior. The front makes total sense now that I have see it. The reason it looks a bit weird in the pics is because the portion of the bumper that separates the top and the bottom air intakes is not painted in the gray body color...its just black carbon with a blueish gloss. The ligths actually look good and overall its a hell of a design show-off!

Other cars which I really liked were the Lamborghini Murcielago, the Mazda RX-8, the Z, and the Alfa 156 GTA. Most dissapointing was the NSX...a real pathetic attempt to make an old car look more up-to-date.

Anyway have a look at these for now....all the other pictures will be on my site tomorrow.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Mmmm

Dino.

Is the Z car on the same platform as the GTR do you think.

Also the GTR doesn't look that aerodynamic from the front.

Good work Dino getting and sticking all the pics etc., up here for us. You are a Top-Man :D .

glen

·
Registered
285 Posts
:cool:

Thanks again.
Great pictures, you're a star.

I'd better start saving incase it goes into production.
Will someone help me out...........
V5 SKY is still for sale.

Chris

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No problem guys...its a pleasure!:)

Glen, I'm not sure about the Z platform but there is a possibility its the same one. Nissan is trying to keep costs down by using fewer platforms and being able to change their sizes in order to maximize sharing. The XVL platform of the new Skyline is the one used for the GTR Concept and it could be the same one for the Z too.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Styling

Dino.

Yeah only time will tell on the platform.

The design of the car is very very European especially in it's concept form. How do you think this bodes with the die hard Japanese Skyline fan. As mentioned before by someone else here the rear is very similar to the Alfa and the front/side/interior is very very Renault/Volvo.

glen

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Geln,

The Japanese crowds seemed to love the concept. People were amazed at the new bold lines and liked the fact that you could definetly see the R34 image in the overall design. Obviously being the first design concept the people at Nissan went a little into the extreme to see peoples reactions. Furthermore since the next GTR will be sold world-wide a more Euro/US friendly shape had to be looked at.

I quote from the Nissan Show brochure:"We will continue to refine the GT-R CONCEPT until the day we can hand you the key bearing a deep red glittering 'R'"

Lets see what they come up with next!:)

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Forgot

Dino

Haven't actually mentioned this but I like the shape of the car. Looking forward to the finished product. Engine more especially. Any news on that front ie from the HKS areas etc.,

glen

·
Registered
40 Posts
Thanks for putting up all of the pics and such!

The look is definetely growing on me. I do want to see it in person, though. Sometimes a car is not justified by pictures at all because you can't tell it's proportions properly. When I saw a video of the concept driving, it made the car a lot more appealing to me. It made it more realistic, I guess. I hope it will be at the DC autoshow this January! (The Washington DC auto show is always lacking, though....:rolleyes: )

·
Registered
40 Posts
If it is at the DC autoshow this year, then you can basically assume that it will go into production in a very similar form. I say this because we only get concepts that are past their time (IE: we got a concept called the Pontiac Rageous about four or so years after it was first introduced), or we get concepts of cars that are announced as coming out about a year or two down the road.

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,591 Posts
MPEG ???

Dino,

Great pictures. That camera worked overtme.

Went to download the film and it came up with all this quicktime download stuff. :( :(

I use a Unix machine not PC. What can I do?? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Can you add a downloadable version on your site??

Still struggling with the 20th century.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Nice pics DCD. I like the back of the new GTR but I'm not keen on the front of it. Say DCD you are on the Skylinesdownunder forums aren't you. So am I. Are you Japanese or do you just live there as a Brit or American because your English is very good.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Very nice car! In fact, I made a nice poster of the original Nissan press pictures and it's hanging on my office wall right now!

Scott,

As a unix user you might be interested in Mac OS (uni)X 10.1!
All the unix goodies and a super gui with Quicktime(!) included.

PS.

Joss,

A little off topic but the frames are showing a white bar in between on the Mac browsers which isn't present on Windows browsers.

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Scott...not really sure if Quicktime works on UNIX....I have a Mac running 10.1, based on Unix, and everything is soooo fast and works fine! Maybe an upgrade to your aging set-up?:D

R34_GT-t....yes I also post on the NZ forum, and yes I live in Japan, but I'm neither a Brit or an american...I'm Italian!

JohnD....I also printed out some of the official Nissan pics last week. I've got 4 haniging on my wall:D
By the way what Mac/System do you use. I have no problems with mine

1 - 20 of 49 Posts