GTR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just came across some pictures of the GTR concept that has been around for some time. Whether the final production car will look anything like this is anyones guess.

My thoughts? I prefer the R34...:)

regards

Dave:smokin:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Toyota had that "a car needs to be ugly as shit for it to be fast" idea with most of their cars, and now nissan is hopping on the bandwagon too :eek:

ditching the rb series and putting in a vq wasn't too good of an idea either :rolleyes:

·
Registered
122 Posts
The new R35 pics look way better than that but who knows what Nissan will make for production.
Oh yeah, and also does anyone know why they stopped making the R34???

Thankx in advance!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Skyline_R34 said:
The new R35 pics look way better than that but who knows what Nissan will make for production.

Thankx in advance!
I always thought it was due to emmisions???

·
Registered
2 Posts
not doubt that the new skyline will be just as rude, but i think it looks alot like the new (ish) lexus. in my opinion a skyline is about the straight six, turbos, and those bueatiful rear lights. even tho the new one has the lights do nissian think this trade mark of the skyline will do it. i would like to see it take off and become the next generation of the skyline as it would be a sad thing to see such a great thing come to an end.

:( :smokin: :D

·
Registered
68 Posts
It looks too bulky and not as nimble as the R34 but personally I think there isn't a car out their as nice looking as the R34 :)

·
Registered
910 Posts
I thought the r34 looked sh1te when I first saw, but that grew on me, the concept pics have grown on me to, but that much yet!

·
Registered
910 Posts
That one is just a photoshop jobbie someone did, if I remeber correctly, it is in no way official. But please correct me if I am wrong! (I am sure you will!)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Skyline_R34 said:
There are two different reasons for two different Skyline legacies ending.

The R34 (non-GTR) was ended in 2000 or 2001 due to it's failing sales (believe it or not). It was not a car that the Japanese market wanted. Nissan's V35 sales have far outdone the R34's in Japan. I say 'In Japan' because this is not even including their foreign sales.

The RB engines ended due to emissions as stated. They ended in 2002 with the last street production R34 GTR.

There were very limited R34 GTR's produced only for the JGTC in 2003 which was equiped with a twin turbo'd VQ30. Which team Nismo won both the Driver's points (car #23) and team points.

This year marks the end of the GTR in the JGTC, a twin turbo'd VQ30 350Z has replaced the GTR's in the GT500 class. Team Nismo's second in Driver points (car #1) and team points so far.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts