GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,835 Posts
errrr and ? Another 2 mins of my life wasted !!!!

·
R35 Section manager
11,261 Posts
Driver was smoking a Hamlet after the win!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Google translate of the video description says that throttle was stuck WOT -> brake failure when trying to slow down a car accelerating still after 300km/h. I'm just wondering was he on aftermarket or oem ecu... also is it possible in that kind of situation to change gear to neutral or shut down the car? Can't go out to that try myself at the moment. Maybe it would be worth installing a kill switch if doing high speeds.

·
Banned
44 Posts
more details in the article

from the article:
Eugene Kern was the owner of a Moscow-based tuning shop called Turbo Drive, and he was just sadly killed while attempting to set a new Russian drag race record while piloting a Nissan GT-R.It was the final for the Cup of Russia event, and 44-year-old Kern managed to get his modified GT-R up to 186 mph. For still unknown reasons, he failed to slow down after crossing the finish line. Instead he gained speed, resulting in the car crashing into a concrete block.

5 pictures and video and full article

·
Registered
153 Posts
Leathal Drag Racing in Crimea

Sadly things like this happen from time to time.

As much fun as drag racing, safety must always come first. Unfortunately, we live in an imperfect world. Eugene Kern was the owner of a Moscow-based tuning shop called Turbo Drive, and he was just sadly killed while attempting to set a new Russian drag race record while piloting a Nissan GT-R.
It was the final for the Cup of Russia event, and 44-year-old Kern managed to get his modified GT-R up to 186 mph. For still unknown reasons, he failed to slow down after crossing the finish line. Instead he gained speed, resulting in the car crashing into a concrete block.

Below is the video and the pictures of the aftermath.

Here is the video: ?? ?????? ????? ??????? ????, ???????? ?????? - YouTube

(The official statement from the doctors was that maybe he has fainted due to tiredness in combination with heat etc)

Really very sad sight.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts