GTR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a browse through a magazine today where the Nissan GTR was pitted against 2 cars that cost £96,000 + £46,000 more respectively, mercedes + porsche respectively,it has been quoted by other car journalists that the GTR does things very well and so makes the drive very detached and boring,out of the cars that were in this contest the gull wing mercedes handling was effortless and no dramas and guess what, yes the journalist said it was the best car here,in the same breath he said the nissan was difficult to drive fast and needed some driver skill when the roads got a bit bumpy and the porsche turbo was not as good as the GTR because it was more nervous, if he had to pick one he said he would choose the GTR but if the company was paying he would have the porsche but yet he still gave gold to mercedes, for the price there could only be one and that is just on price,as for perfomance GTR THE QUICKEST TO 60MPH, and down 5mph top end and i put that down to having the least torque and horsepower, my point is if the nissan had the prestige of the other marques (lambo,ferrari,porsche,) it would have been the winner here,

·
Registered
358 Posts
I read the article.. I thought the GTR came out pretty well considering the price of the other two. The performance stats were nearly the same. I think if he'd known how the change the settings he might have felt better about the car at speed. It was a soft review that gave all three cars five stars.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
you have echoed my thoughts on the performance of the GTR, there is a positive out of all of this, the prestige car magazines are taking nissan seriously and seem to be pitting it against the groups of cars that are meant to make the nissan a wasted exercise, at the price and ability of the GTR i really do believe it's so called competitors are punching below their weight.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts